Harrison Smith

Who's going to be at the Fulton vs. Catholic game? You will get to see a UT commit in Dennis Rogan and a UT prospect in Harrison Smith. I am going to be there!!!

i'm going as well. i'm ready to see my alma matter stick it to Fulton.

there's an article about Harrison in the KNS today. also, i finally got to stand next to him and he is every bit as big as i had imagined he was. he's a man among boys out there.

From what I'm hearing, unless something drastic happens, he will be a Domer. His parents are pushing ND extremely hard and will likely end up with him picking against his childhood favorite.

i'm hearing not neccesarily the opposite, but my source from within the program (i still know a lot of folks at Catholic from my days there) have said he really is torn right now. i guess we'll just wait and see.

From what I'm hearing, unless something drastic happens, he will be a Domer. His parents are pushing ND extremely hard and will likely end up with him picking against his childhood favorite.
he has said in quotes that UT was his team growing up, and thats why its down to us and ND

From Xtra:

Harrison Smith knows what everyone is saying. He knows that some recruiting analysts have labeled him a surefire Golden Domer. Some say Tennessee is already eliminated.

Smith isn't ready to confirm the rumors.

"I'm not a silent commitment like everybody says," the 6-foot-2, 205-pound athlete from Catholic High School said after returning from an unofficial weekend visit to South Bend, Ind. "I like Notre Dame. I'm still not decided. I'm not a lock anywhere right now."

Asked if the Fighting Irish had even taken the lead, Smith said, "I'd say it's still pretty much even."

Smith has said on several occasions that he's fond of the game-day atmosphere at UT. Now, he knows the Notre Dame atmosphere as well.

"I'd say Tennessee is a little bit more electric," Smith said. "More of the overall fans get into it at Tennessee (as opposed to just the student section at Notre Dame).

Smith chuckled a bit when asked why so many onlookers were sure he was going to Notre Dame just weeks after UT was said to be his surefire destination.

"It's really," Smith said, "just kind of which one you visited the most recent."

It's only another opinion but this poster on an ND board says something that I have been thinking in the back of my mind for some time now:

Re: Vol fan here...
No inside info here but both came to visit ND this weekend. Each has been up to visit multiple times.

"It is hard to tell what each guy values most.

UT offers both a chance to play at home but ND offers Donald and probably Smith the chance to play early. ND has a higher graduation rate and national following with upgraded facilities. UT has a great stadium, facilities, an SEC schedule, and they probably have more established friendships with guys on the team.

It is always tough to pull kids out of states where there is a good public school team whether it is Texas, USC, Tennessee, Georgia, etc. I would say that two things are in our favor in my opinion. The fact that both have made multiple visits with their families. The longer they wait, the more likely they choose ND. It is hard to deal with the local folks when you go out of state. String them along and make your decision in January and you have less to deal with.

Smith supposedly says ND leads after the visit."

Vol fan here... - www.scout.com

I have been thinking about how everyone jumped on Brandon Warren last year (BTW it still pisses me off when I see him making plays for the Criminoles). I have a sneaking suspicion that some/all of the as yet uncommitted top in-state prospects who are highly sought by the Vols are keeping mum for the sole reason that they don't want to deal with the repurcussions of committing elsewhere. I have said before that if these guys really are UT fans and plan to come to UT anyway then they should go ahead and commit because those commitments will likely lead some other highly rated prospects UT's way. I'm just not feeling like the Vols are going to get 4-5* in-state kids this year (other than maybe some of the 3* guys who have already committed being upgraded). Hope I'm wrong on this though.

Smith said in the article that he had been to a bunch of Tennessee games and the reason he keeps checking out ND is to get them on equal ground to make his comparisons, his words , not mine.

In a KNS article today Smith says that there is no silent committment to ND. He says the teams are still even, and that gameday in Knoxville is a little more electric than ND. Also states that he prefers the freshman dorm situation at UT more than ND's set up.

all great news, but I dont feel good about the family pushing so hard for the dome

VN Store

Back