Harrison Bailey to Start vs. Auburn (made you look!)

All I want is for HB to get an equal chance at the QB1 role.

Not get pulled after a couple mistakes (coach him up instead of pulling him)

Not to hand off on first and second down then try and convert a 3rd and 8 each set of downs.

Not play a couple series then stick JG in the game.

I want him to have as much of a chance to play through any mistakes just like JG has been given.

He will make some bad reads, he will make some mistakes...TEACH HIM, COACH HIM...don’t just yank him.

Agree with all of this. If Bailey starts let him play the whole game.

I have very few sources so I don’t claim to be an insider. I feel pretty confident about this one, although I will come back and eat crow and ask for forgiveness if I do turn out to be wrong.
I fully expected Pruitt to go with JG so, I hope you're right, if not, no grief from me.

He’ll put Bailey in just to hand the ball off then put JG back in.

Bailey will hand the ball off 15 times in a row.

Pruitt will bench him because the offense isn't producing.

Pruitt then puts JG in.

JG hands the ball off 50 times in a row and we lose without scoring a point.

Pruitt after the game:

"Well, I liked what I saw from JG out there today. The receivers and running backs just missed so many blocks today. JG had a great week of practice. HB just wasn't producing like we wanted. He will learn."

Pruitt then puts JG in.

Pruitt after the game:

"Well, I liked what I saw from JG out there today. The receivers and running backs just missed so many blocks today. JG had a great week of practice. HB just wasn't producing like we wanted. He will learn."
My prediction on Wednesday was that he would go the distance, but I could see him being CJP’s “see I told you so” sacrificial lamb as well.

Pruitt then puts JG in.

Pruitt after the game:

You forgot the “aight”😁

Reactions: AdoptedVOL
Chaney has got to allow him to throw down field and get the defence on their heels. I have said it a million times those deep balls are how you are going to open the running game, you may get a pass interference call, you might actually complete the pass, and at worse it get intercepted no different than a great punt.

I want to see us attack the defense and play to win, not 3 running plays and punt. Goal should be put 40 points on the board, not try to win by 3 points.

Reactions: feathersax
I know this isn't the thread, but since we are on the topic of QB's and HB, wanted to drop that Penix has already hungover 400yds on Ohio State. JP can really eye talent :rolleyes: Kid has progressed so much since his first game this year. Imagine if HB had that opportunity?

I know this isn't the thread, but since we are on the topic of QB's and HB, wanted to drop that Penix has already hungover 400yds on Ohio State. JP can really eye talent :rolleyes: Kid has progressed so much since his first game this year. Imagine if HB had that opportunity?
Yeah. I just noticed that. Glad we told him to find somewhere else to play. Who has time for a 400 yard passing game???

Pruitt wanted him. Helton didn't. One of the reasons Helton is gone.

Chaney has got to allow him to throw down field and get the defence on their heels. I have said it a million times those deep balls are how you are going to open the running game, you may get a pass interference call, you might actually complete the pass, and at worse it get intercepted no different than a great punt.

I want to see us attack the defense and play to win, not 3 running plays and punt. Goal should be put 40 points on the board, not try to win by 3 points.
That would be great if our receivers could get consistent separation

It’s not been announced yet, so I don’t have any tweets from reporters, but I know someone inside the athletic department who said Bailey will be the starter tonight.

I’ll come back and eat crow if I’m wrong, but figured I would pass along what I know.

I can be your source

Who said Chaney is calling the plays?

VN Store

Back