Harrison Bailey gets 5th star

Does that make him better?

I get it. It's so, so dumb. But him getting a fifth star means we will have a consensus top-10 class. That is something that can and will be used for momentum purposes. For CJP and his staff to be able to point to a top-10 class, is MAJOR. If you couple this with a nine or ten-win regular season next year, then you park the Brinks truck in CJP's driveway.

I get it. It's so, so dumb. But him getting a fifth star means we will have a consensus top-10 class. That is something that can and will be used for momentum purposes. For CJP and his staff to be able to point to a top-10 class, is MAJOR. If you couple this with a nine or ten-win regular season next year, then you park the Brinks truck in CJP's driveway.

We’re 17th on 247s composite, this bump will certainly not get us to a consensus top 10. Unless we pull a couple more relatively big time recruits, that won’t happen.

Team ranking = Tied for 8th w/Michigan
Conference Ranking = 6th

Man, that's a tough row to hoe.......

The difference between the eighth-ranked class and the fourth-ranked class is not substantial if said class fills all needs. Tennessee's class fills all needs. Our class isn't going to be on par with LSU/AL/UGA right now. That will take some time. We just need to worry about UF.

Harrison Bailey gets his 5th star
ELrmqL-WwAIFh1T

VolNation:
ELrmqL-WwAELHZf

Last edited:
Welp moved up to 8 in Rivals but now we're tied with Meeeechigan.........like to lock up some quality prospects with those last 2 spots and close out a strong recruiting class. ;)

Rivals team rankings has the Vols at 8. 247 has them at 17. Obviously Rivals is the more accurate, right?

Edit: Further intense research (couple of Googles) show the following Vol team rankings:
Rivals 247 Scout
National 8 17 17
SEC 6 7 8

I'm thinking Pruitt's got some buddies over at Rivals.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back