Harrison Bailey and Marietta move on to state final

SuwaneeGAVOL

I didn’t see the game but from reading this article, it looks like Bailey had a great game-

Bailey certainly made plenty of plays with the time he was given, throwing for 421 yards and five touchdowns on 23 completions. Pass-catchers Arik Gilbert and Rickey White both exploded, each catching a pair of touchdowns and over 100 receiving yards.
The lack of pressure created by Parkview even caused the final dagger to the Panthers' season. Facing a crucial third-and-medium situation halfway through the fourth quarter, Parkview elected to blitz a safety off of the right side of the Marietta offensive line. Recognizing this move before the snap, Bailey knew he would have his LSU commit and favorite target, Gilbert, in a one-on-one man coverage. Bailey dropped back and delivered a missile right into the hands of Gilbert, scoring the last touchdown of the game and effectively ending the Parkview season.
"We kept checking the plays because we didn't know what they were going to do with the extra safety," Bailey said. "(At the) last second, he came in the box and we checked the play. I threw a vertical to (Gilbert) and he beat his man. They went (with) a lot of man coverage most of the time. That's one thing you don't do when you play us."

He had a few nice deep throws, but what I saw (I watched about 2/3 of the game on TV) that impressed me was him finding an open receiver when there didn't seem to be one. Parkview is a big-time program, and has a number of D1 commits on the roster. They obviously knew of HB, and they played a combination of pressure and mixing up zone and man coverage. HB made a couple of mistakes (an INT on a bad overthrow into double coverage), but time and again I saw him survey the field and find the one open receiver. There were a lot of YAC, but HB still put the ball where it needed to be.

P.S. - he throws a really pretty deep ball. Nice low arc, not those artillery shots you usually see from HS QB's.

Watch Trenton in State Championship Game today. The 2 boys playing for Trenton needs to be coming to the Hill and play WR. Watch #1 and #7 is the fastest player you will see in all of the State Championships Games played thies 3 Days.
#1 is Eli Hammonds. #7 is Noah Halbrook. Both about 5’10 maybe. Couldn’t find either on 247 rankings or site..

I had a friend at that game last night and he texted me and said you guys got a real stud at QB coming to UT!...He said he looked unstoppable at times...Needless to say I got all excited about our future...Our new WR also caught the game winning td to win his state title too...Wow can't wait to see that combo in orange and white!

I don't think Peyton Manning got as much buildup going into the 1994 season as Harrison Bailey has gotten:cool::D
There wasn't a bunch to compare Peyton too back then. This kid is getting hype because he's doing the same things at QB in GA high school that Lawrence, Fromm and Watson did and everyone knows who they are and what type QBs they turned out to be. He's big too, legit 6'5 230 with a sturdy base.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
#1 is Eli Hammonds. #7 is Noah Halbrook. Both about 5’10 maybe. Couldn’t find either on 247 rankings or site..
Thes guys are Back 2 Back State Champs! Halbrook has world class speed! We need speed at UT man. Im hearing today tho he is going to play Baseball in College. Trenton will also make a run for State in Baseball. They are loaded dude!

I didn’t see the game but from reading this article, it looks like Bailey had a great game-

Bailey certainly made plenty of plays with the time he was given, throwing for 421 yards and five touchdowns on 23 completions. Pass-catchers Arik Gilbert and Rickey White both exploded, each catching a pair of touchdowns and over 100 receiving yards.
The lack of pressure created by Parkview even caused the final dagger to the Panthers' season. Facing a crucial third-and-medium situation halfway through the fourth quarter, Parkview elected to blitz a safety off of the right side of the Marietta offensive line. Recognizing this move before the snap, Bailey knew he would have his LSU commit and favorite target, Gilbert, in a one-on-one man coverage. Bailey dropped back and delivered a missile right into the hands of Gilbert, scoring the last touchdown of the game and effectively ending the Parkview season.
"We kept checking the plays because we didn't know what they were going to do with the extra safety," Bailey said. "(At the) last second, he came in the box and we checked the play. I threw a vertical to (Gilbert) and he beat his man. They went (with) a lot of man coverage most of the time. That's one thing you don't do when you play us."

I watched the game. Bailey looked very smooth and in control, read the defense extremely well and hit receivers in stride. He is going to be a force at the next level - SO GLAD he's going to be a VOL! He's going to give JG a run for his money. Also, his TE Arik Gilbert is an absolute beast.

I watched the game. Bailey looked very smooth and in control, read the defense extremely well and hit receivers in stride. He is going to be a force at the next level - SO GLAD he's going to be a VOL! He's going to give JG a run for his money. Also, his TE Arik Gilbert is an absolute beast.

VN Store

Back