"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."-Pat Summitt

I couldn't help but wonder as I watched the game about whether any of the girls on Mizzou's roster would have been recruited by Tennessee.

Reactions: Tombo7
I will not say Holly doesn't work hard. She is just not very good at her job!!
I agree that Holly puts her heart into what she does, but as good of a person as she is, she has proven that she is not a top coach. I am amazed how pro Holly people are willing to throw players under the bus and claim that the Lady Vols only recruit lazy and bad 5 stars, that is 24 karat BS. You have to train your players, just because they are 5 stars you can’t just throw them on the court and instantly they will become superstars. How many times have any of us seen Holly stop and talk to players after they make a mistake and are substituted for, usually it is a pat on the rear and nothing else. How many times has she just walked up and down the sidelines when she needs to call a timeout when the opposing team is on a run? If anyone really believes that the problem is the fault of the players we recruit, then you are delusional. The buck stops at Holly’s desk.

I agree that Holly puts her heart into what she does, but as good of a person as she is, she has proven that she is not a top coach. I am amazed how pro Holly people are willing to throw players under the bus and claim that the Lady Vols only recruit lazy and bad 5 stars, that is 24 karat BS. You have to train your players, just because they are 5 stars you can’t just throw them on the court and instantly they will become superstars. How many times have any of us seen Holly stop and talk to players after they make a mistake and are substituted for, usually it is a pat on the rear and nothing else. How many times has she just walked up and down the sidelines when she needs to call a timeout when the opposing team is on a run? If anyone really believes that the problem is the fault of the players we recruit, then you are delusional. The buck stops at Holly’s desk.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

Reactions: VolfromBirth65
Here is a clue ...... and a great time to start quietly shopping for the next coach. Make yourself look good in the transition ......

Do I think that'll happen? Well I can hope .... maybe in vein ... but hey ....

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."-Pat Summitt

We need a new coach.

I remembered when some ppl were blaming Diamond and I always said that's not her, it's the coach. And I don't blame her at all for leaving because when ur playing for a coach like Holly, glad she understood that this team won't go far under her.

I remembered when some ppl were blaming Diamond and I always said that's not her, it's the coach. And I don't blame her at all for leaving because when ur playing for a coach like Holly, glad she understood that this team won't go far under her.

Since you brought this up, I have no choice but to correct you:

Diamond was staying until Cooper got dismissed and made a multi-page, emotional, gushy, public post announcing she was staying. That is a fact.

That said, I think Diamond is much better suited for the W and probably should have never stayed to begin with, but I believe she was thinking with her heart, not her head. What bothered me was the way she went about leaving, as I know for a fact it was not handled with integrity. You do not make a multi-page, gushy post about staying, change your mind and let the coach find out via the grapevine and have to call you and ask you if it’s true. At the very least she could have let the program know before going public. BUT.... moving on.

DD had a great rookie season and will continue to thrive in the W, a tremendously gifted athlete.

Last edited:
If you are going to post, at least take the time to find an actual Pat Sumitt quote. Do you think CPS would have tolerated this kind of laziness?

How about these:

“There is always someone better than you. Whatever it is that you do for a living, chances are, you will run into a situation in which you are not as talented as the person next to you. That's when being a competitor can make a difference in your fortunes.”

"When a player makes a mistake, you always want to put them back in quickly -- you don’t just berate them and sit them down with no chance of redemption.”

We keep score in life because it matters. It counts. Too many people opt out and never discover their own abilities, because they fear failure. They don’t understand commitment. When you learn to keep fighting in the face of potential failure, it gives you a larger skill set to do what you want to do.”

Last edited:

VN Store

Back