Hard to blame this on Pruitt

He's a great recruiter, and has brought in UF level talent. Hard to question his ability as a defensive mind, as he's had success everywhere he's been. You would be hard-pressed to find one of his former players who would bring a charge of incompetency against him. Do you peg this on Fulmer? Maybe. But by time he arrived, the coaching search was (once again) fully involved. He was able to get the fire under control and at least help assemble a staff that would allow UT to be able to suit up in 2018. Up until the Pruitt hire, nothing was assured. However, the fact that he selected a D-cor with no HC'ing experience must be considered when evaluating who gets the blame for this. Chaney may the most culpable, given the lack of development at the quarterback position and resulting uninspired play calling. You would have to go back over 100 years to find a UT team more inept than the 2020 unit. There is plenty of blame to go around, and 2 wins is unacceptable , even in a COVID year. But this is not all on Pruitt.

Not a bad synopsis and I don’t disagree with your thoughts. However, regarding Chaney, I have gotten the sense since the start of the season that Pruitt may be overruling Chaney at times. I base this on comments Pruitt has made publicly questioning Chaney’s calls. And, to be honest, I have kind of bought in a little to the thought, rightly or wrongly, that Pruitt may be kind of a control freak on calls, as well as which QB and WRs to play. My point: I don’t have much confidence that Pruitt is letting Chaney be Chaney. We all know Chaney is better than what we’ve seen this year. Just a thought.

He's a great recruiter, and has brought in UF level talent. Hard to question his ability as a defensive mind, as he's had success everywhere he's been. You would be hard-pressed to find one of his former players who would bring a charge of incompetency against him. Do you peg this on Fulmer? Maybe. But by time he arrived, the coaching search was (once again) fully involved. He was able to get the fire under control and at least help assemble a staff that would allow UT to be able to suit up in 2018. Up until the Pruitt hire, nothing was assured. However, the fact that he selected a D-cor with no HC'ing experience must be considered when evaluating who gets the blame for this. Chaney may the most culpable, given the lack of development at the quarterback position and resulting uninspired play calling. You would have to go back over 100 years to find a UT team more inept than the 2020 unit. There is plenty of blame to go around, and 2 wins is unacceptable , even in a COVID year. But this is not all on Pruitt.

This is correct and problematic. He has brought in UF type talent...and lost to GA State, BYU, Kentucky, Arkansas...see the issue.

Pruitt keeps rolling JG out there - when there are other options. He can blame himself for being too stubborn to consider the younger guys - I saw enough of Bailey in two drives to know that the problem is not Chaney and play calling. Pruitt and JG - there is your problem Dawg. Fulmer gets some blame because he has allowed Pruitt and JG to keep stinking it up - week after week, pick 6 after pick 6.

This “Pruitt keeps rolling JG out there-...”

Had Pruitt benched JG after the 2nd 1/2 collapse at GA and started Bailey we would be in far better shape than where we are. Probably 2, maybe 3 more wins than the 2 we have. Most anyone who has watched TN this year would agree with this, accept Pruitt.

There’s still several posters on here think Pruitt deserves another year.
He hasn't earned another year but hes probably going to get it regardless. Thats not his fault. He wasn't ready for the job. And may never be.

That makes him like the 2 prior to him and more than likely the one after him.

Jacka..aro,three of the.Pruitt firings were.Rumph(who is now the linebackers coach for Houston Texans,nfl),Fitz,who is now the strength and fitness coach of theNYGiants,nfl,last year's co- DC and linebackers coach who is now coaching one's for the NYGiants,nfl,and Tracey Rocker,who went to coach dl at So. Carolina.The only firing wasBrumbaugh!I think the fire is in your tighty- whities!

He hasn't earned another year but hes probably going to get it regardless. Thats not his fault. He wasn't ready for the job. And may never be.

That makes him like the 2 prior to him and more than likely the one after him.
You can say the same about JG. He is what he is, and the fact he isn't better and doesn't have more talent isn't his fault. But he still shouldn't be leading the team.

Reactions: tbh and MaTaLa
Jacka..aro,three of the.Pruitt firings were.Rumph(who is now the linebackers coach for Houston Texans,nfl),Fitz,who is now the strength and fitness coach of theNYGiants,nfl,last year's co- DC and linebackers coach who is now coaching one's for the NYGiants,nfl,and Tracey Rocker,who went to coach dl at So. Carolina.The only firing wasBrumbaugh!I think the fire is in your tighty- whities!
I wonder if Rocker will come back here?

No worries OP I gots dyslexia too.

I think you meant “easy to blame this on Pruitt.”

Pruitt keeps playing JG snd that’s on him no one else. He also is in charge of fame planing and brought Chaney on for $1.6 million to only score 14 points in the 2nd half of the last 5 games. End of the day Pruitt is the HC and it’s up to him to develop. Also I wouldn’t classify him as a great recruiter when we just lost our highest rated recruit Butch Jones had higher rated classes than Pruitt since being at UT. Butch won more games in same time span as Pruitt also. Hoover High school didn’t even want Pruitt as a HC. He is a career DC/position coach nothing else.

True.
Hes not going to refuse the opportunity either.
Exactly. If he would, he shouldn't have been given the opportunity to be here to begin with. He won't step aside til someone forces him to.

The fact you can't tell which one is being talked about is the problem.

Reactions: tbh
Where has Pruitt done more with less?
FSU won a national title, but it was because if the offense.
UGA was loaded and winning 9-10 games before Pruitt.
Bama was Bama when Kirby Smart called that defense.

So where did he shine?
FSU had the number one ranked defense in the country in 2013. And most Bama fans will tell you that Pruitt was a better coordinator than Smart. Pruitt isn’t a good head coach. He shouldn’t have been hired in the first place. He should be fired at the end of this season. However that’s no reason to completely sh*t on the guys resume prior to becoming HC. He was a tremendous Defense Coordinator.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeecherVol
Well we have a snake oil salesman in here posting some BS from his BAMA brain. We need troll spray, but as long as he’s king on the mountain all his minions with BAMA blood does no wrong. Well you can take that back to BAMA and Pruitt with you, of course it’s his fault!

Reactions: MaTaLa and EZE

I think you’re wrong. He’s recruited no better than CDD and worse than CBJ. Furthermore the taken he has brought in are either all busts or not being developed. Man you guys, look you can stay with your wife after she cheats on you because deep down you know you can’t do any better and are lucky to have here. We can do better and until we compete with Georgia, Florida or UK and Vandy this coach deserves to be fired.

Thanks Lyle.

Where has Pruitt done more with less?
FSU won a national title, but it was because if the offense.
UGA was loaded and winning 9-10 games before Pruitt.
Bama was Bama when Kirby Smart called that defense.

So where did he shine?
He should be shining shoes in NY subway

VN Store

Back