Hard times at UT

was hoping I'd heard the last of Negative Nancy and Negavol, but someone just has to go there...thanks for nothing...:thud::thud:

GO VOLS!

Then you should be happy. We had our first solid, winning season in nearly a decade last season. And it should be even better going forward.

T^H^I^S^ all day long!

They didn't go 15-0 and win the NC but had a dam fine season compared to what's been the norm lately. Continued some streaks over lower level SEC teams(not always been the case lately), and ended yet another quality eastern foe's streak over us (had been a while since we beat Georgia) and not only was in a scrap with every good team we played but outplayed pretty much everybody(been getting blown out at least a couple times a year by the top teams we've played) but just couldn't hold on to the lead in a few including 2 of the top 4 teams in the nation and 1 being THE best team at their house.

I see it as we took mult steps in the right direction last season. Some heartbreaking losses the way they went down. I know it hurts me just thinking about them. However I still have getting beat by vandy and Ky with a WR playing qb and losing by 30pts to mult teams all fresh in my mind so I'm not at all entitled to think we should always go undefeated and never make any coaching blunders or always have fantastic passing qb's etc. I know we are lucky to have what we have when things were so bad that it seemed possible at one time TN might not EVER get back to competing with the big boys.

I want more and expect more like everybody else but I'm tickled to see some progress manifest itself into tangible results that = being better and closer to TN football and more than likely being a legitimate contender this season.

2 games that a few don't give much credit for, mizzo and NW, I can think of about 5 yrs straight that those teams would've prob beat us here very recently. Even though they weren't world beaters, they were examples of progress and that we learned to grind out a win vs a really good defense and also put away a solid top 25 team.( I know they were ranked higher but I don't think they were quite what their ranking said they were IMO)

If on NSD 2017 we sign a class the ranks >20-25 after an epic failure of a season, then I have a reason to be down and negative but so far we all have reasons to be appriciative and excited. Skeptical maybe, but excited. All IMO

Reactions: 1 person
Science bless you Outlaw for trying to be rational and type out paragraphs with actual answers.

I'll be looking forward to how long you can keep it up until the mental acuity or lack of it displayed here breaks you down to typing one line snark sentences.

I think it took me a month.

T^H^I^S^ all day long!

They didn't go 15-0 and win the NC but had a dam fine season compared to what's been the norm lately. Continued some streaks over lower level SEC teams(not always been the case lately), and ended yet another quality eastern foe's streak over us (had been a while since we beat Georgia) and not only was in a scrap with every good team we played but outplayed pretty much everybody(been getting blown out at least a couple times a year by the top teams we've played) but just couldn't hold on to the lead in a few including 2 of the top 4 teams in the nation and 1 being THE best team at their house.

I see it as we took mult steps in the right direction last season. Some heartbreaking losses the way they went down. I know it hurts me just thinking about them. However I still have getting beat by vandy and Ky with a WR playing qb and losing by 30pts to mult teams all fresh in my mind so I'm not at all entitled to think we should always go undefeated and never make any coaching blunders or always have fantastic passing qb's etc. I know we are lucky to have what we have when things were so bad that it seemed possible at one time TN might not EVER get back to competing with the big boys.

I want more and expect more like everybody else but I'm tickled to see some progress manifest itself into tangible results that = being better and closer to TN football and more than likely being a legitimate contender this season.

2 games that a few don't give much credit for, mizzo and NW, I can think of about 5 yrs straight that those teams would've prob beat us here very recently. Even though they weren't world beaters, they were examples of progress and that we learned to grind out a win vs a really good defense and also put away a solid top 25 team.( I know they were ranked higher but I don't think they were quite what their ranking said they were IMO)

If on NSD 2017 we sign a class the ranks >20-25 after an epic failure of a season, then I have a reason to be down and negative but so far we all have reasons to be appriciative and excited. Skeptical maybe, but excited. All IMO

I don't believe for a second that you thought it was possible that we would never compete again. Too many VFL to allow that to be an option. Somebody would have stepped up and done something. It's hard to know what to do, it's easy to see what's not working.

Butch has turned the program around and #120 is about to break some records.

When you're skydiving (sport jumping), there is at best 60 - 66 seconds of freefall. To be your best during those seconds, there is no then, there is no next, there's only now.

As a UTK alumnus and Volunteers fan, I do reminisce. I do savor former triumphs. I do still wince at past games in which victory slipped from the Vols' grasp.

Ah, but each new season, each impending game is like opening the aircraft door on jump run. There's every chance to execute perfectly. If you bring anxiety or distraction with you, you will fail. If you are calm, focused, and bring a heightened awareness into each moment, you are prepared to succeed.

The season comes ever closer, and I am happy for Team 120. I am grateful for Team 120. I will greet each Tennessee football Saturday with uncluttered hope, unfettered joy, and the unqualified belief that victory is possible, come Hokies, Gators, Bulldogs, Aggies, or the Tide. The last game is done. The next game will be. This Saturday's game is Go Big Orange!

Do ya feel me?

I
I believe
I believe in
I believe in Tennessee!
I believe in Tennessee!
I believe in Tennessee!
I believe in Tennessee!
I believe in Tennessee!
I believe in Tennessee!
I believe in Tennessee!
I believe in Tennessee!
I believe in Tennessee!

Science bless you Outlaw for trying to be rational and type out paragraphs with actual answers.

I'll be looking forward to how long you can keep it up until the mental acuity or lack of it displayed here breaks you down to typing one line snark sentences.

I think it took me a month.

Lol I had to give you a like! Idk, prob won't take much longer.

I just seen a couple posters that everytime they posted something you would think the sky not only had fallen but like it had landed on their dam house! Just a couple that I noticed. So my 1st ever thread was a little bit of a lighten up, times are good people thread. Hell, people came out from under every rock to tell me how bad I sucked! Lol

So I've been dumb enough to keep tryn to explain myself. Another week ill prob just agree with em! Haha

The sky is falling and we have no reliable WR's to catch it!!!!

"Amy Jo bring me a can of Bud, I gotta answer this guy on the forum"

I don't believe for a second that you thought it was possible that we would never compete again. Too many VFL to allow that to be an option. Somebody would have stepped up and done something. It's hard to know what to do, it's easy to see what's not working.

Butch has turned the program around and #120 is about to break some records.

I tell ya, everytime something good seemed to happen for UT it was followed by something bad. Or so it seemed to me. I wish I could say I KNEW things would be normal again throughout this rough patch but idk?

There was a time after Fulmer was ran off, Kiffen bolted at one of the worst times as far as the recruiting class and not at all the time of year to find a good coach. Then Dooley and vandy & ky, the LSU and UNC game, Hunter's injury, etc that I actually wondered? All I could do is support those teams like always and hope for the best.

I'm so proud I was wrong about Butch so far though. I'll admit I was really let down when he was announced as our coach. I've been pleasantly surprised so far and have high hopes again. Butch and the people he has brought into this program along with all the VFL's have put us in play again for sure.

I tell ya, everytime something good seemed to happen for UT it was followed by something bad. Or so it seemed to me. I wish I could say I KNEW things would be normal again throughout this rough patch but idk?

There was a time after Fulmer was ran off, Kiffen bolted at one of the worst times as far as the recruiting class and not at all the time of year to find a good coach. Then Dooley and vandy & ky, the LSU and UNC game, Hunter's injury, etc that I actually wondered? All I could do is support those teams like always and hope for the best.

I'm so proud I was wrong about Butch so far though. I'll admit I was really let down when he was announced as our coach. I've been pleasantly surprised so far and have high hopes again. Butch and the people he has brought into this program along with all the VFL's have put us in play again for sure.

That was a crazy run. I asked, Who is Lane Kiffen? Monty Kiffen's son. I asked, Who is Derrick Dooley? Vince Dooley's son. I asked, Who is Butch Jones? Never heard of him. Not really a splash hire, but he has turned the program around and I expect the team he has put together to be great, just how great, Who knows? It's gonna fun finding out.

When you're skydiving (sport jumping), there is at best 60 - 66 seconds of freefall. To be your best during those seconds, there is no then, there is no next, there's only now.

As a UTK alumnus and Volunteers fan, I do reminisce. I do savor former triumphs. I do still wince at past games in which victory slipped from the Vols' grasp.

Ah, but each new season, each impending game is like opening the aircraft door on jump run. There's every chance to execute perfectly. If you bring anxiety or distraction with you, you will fail. If you are calm, focused, and bring a heightened awareness into each moment, you are prepared to succeed.

The season comes ever closer, and I am happy for Team 120. I am grateful for Team 120. I will greet each Tennessee football Saturday with uncluttered hope, unfettered joy, and the unqualified belief that victory is possible, come Hokies, Gators, Bulldogs, Aggies, or the Tide. The last game is done. The next game will be. This Saturday's game is Go Big Orange!

Do ya feel me?

Some solid posts Tin Man! Win or lose, this season can't get here soon enough. I'm ready to have the fam with me at Neyland again and on the games I can't make I'm ready to fahr up tha grill with my loved ones and enjoy some pretty fall days with my orange swarm on the tube. Honestly, those have been some of the best days of my life so far. Kids playing football in the yard, smelling some good food cooking, hearing everybody rag on each other and my wife is especially hot in orange! Lol Good days!

VN Store

Back