Happy Veteran's Day

To my brothers and sisters here. And a very hearty "Can Do" for those who may understand. NMCB 3, BETTER THAN BEST Love you all and thank you for everything
Echo the sentiment, joevol24! All game some, some gave all. God bless America & those dedicated to our freedom.

Attachments

• American soldiers.jpg
    American soldiers.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 15
Happy is not the right word as has been noted by one poster above. A better word would be Thanks Veterans.

Along these lines for some years now I have had a problem with the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. (the name) It seems others have hade the same or a like problem as it has seen an effort to be referred to as the tomb of the unknowns. (didn't stick)

Well here's my take after a lot of thinking about it and walking around the Shiloh Military Cemetery. One day as I was reading names, rank, unit, etc. I came upon an "unknown". As I stood there think it dawned on me "this person was/is not unknown" just not identified". So for the Washington tomb I think the name would better be "THE TOMB OF THE UNIDENTIFIED" I say this because everyone is/was known by someone, but in the ravages of war just not be identified..

SEMPER FIDELIS! There is one service member in that tomb and we do not know his name. He represents many, but it unknown who they are. I looked up unknown in the dictionary and have no problem with the name and don't we have enough identification and naming problems in our country already? It is not memorial day regardless. Let us celebrate the day for what it is. Thank you to all those that are still serving and allow me to still have pride in the title Marine!

Thank you to all of you who served our country. The only regret I will carry with me to the next phase of life will be that I never served my country.

Y'all are my heroes.

71Ke2KajxeL._AC_SL1432_.jpg

Thanks everybody, appreciate it.

Got my free Duncan Donuts and Starbucks Coffee and a free Wendy's Breakfast already!

God Bless You my fellow Veterans and VolNation Brothers and Sisters!

U.S. Air Force F-15 Bomb Drop - YouTube

USAF Electronics Technician Aug 1892- Jan 2003
US Space Force Civil Service 2003 - Present.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back