Happy Tax Day!!! TL;DR warning

Yeah, let's steal more money from people to pay for all this crap. Great idea. The problem is that the government doesn't take enough of the people's money, right?
Now that you know the Republicans are FOS about being fiscal conservative, you realize that the Republicans are the party of no taxes and no government now. They have completely given control over to the big money corporate masters. Soon they will not even pay you in money anymore, you will get credits to use in the corporate store.

Do you know anyone in their right mind who would pay more than they owe?

You’re playing word games. You want to pay more. Do it! The idea of you wanting to pay more only if everyone else does sums up how f%#*^# up the dims are as a whole.

What happened to the economy when people have no money to spend? Oh yes, it collapses.

But somehow nobody seems to be concerned about the jobs that are leaving and have left the country or products that were made here that are now built elsewhere now. Wealth to keep a country whole comes from manufacturing.

Who in their right mind says people like me need to pay more taxes and then scoffs at the idea of paying more taxes? It's just like the "sanctuary" cities, come one come all we'll take care of you, until they say okay.
Those that pay net zero taxes now. They know their's won't go up so why not take more from someone else.

Reactions: AM64
Luther, every now and then you do stumble across the obvious. The tax code is what it is because campaign finance and lobbying are what they are. Congress is corrupt and the tax code is where they pay back the "campaign" contributions. Nothing in DC - not one damn thing - changes until campaign finance and how legislation is written are completely revised and un-corrupted.
LOL, you are giving him credit for scoring a goal for the other team. He will lap it up like melted ice cream.

Now that you know the Republicans are FOS about being fiscal conservative, you realize that the Republicans are the party of no taxes and no government now. They have completely given control over to the big money corporate masters. Soon they will not even pay you in money anymore, you will get credits to use in the corporate store.
Who has the power - the bribe maker or the bribe taker?

And you will be there to demand 75% of those credits to give to the people that don't want to work.

I will go with the bribe maker since money is the ultimate power.
So if I get pulled over by a cop, offer the cop $25 bucks and he let's me go, I would have the power in that situation?

That's interesting and very tortured logic. The cop sold his power to me. He's the one who had it to give in the first place.

And if money is the ultimate power (don't disagree with that), which entity has more money than anybody else? Hint: it ain't the Koch brothers or Jeff Bezos. Who has more power, and money, to dole out than anyone else?

So if I get pulled over by a cop, offer the cop $25 bucks and he let's me go, I would have the power in that situation?

That's interesting and very tortured logic. The cop sold his power to me. He's the one who had it to give in the first place.
No because the prison system paid him $50 to lock you butt up.

When one side is popular because it's all about giving everything away, it's pretty much impossible for the other party to even keep its foot in the door without playing the same game. As a country we've proven that a republic can fail just like a democracy when the people figure out how to get at the treasury. With term limits and some sanity mixed into the election process, there's a slim chance at reversal. However when the electorate wallows in the slop of reality TV, news that isn't news, and fancy rather than fact, then there's little hope for sanity in the electoral process. With nothing to force congress to reform, there's also no hope for fiscal constraint. Basically the process is like flying a big hydrogen filled balloon in a thunderstorm and thinking all is well.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and Mick
When one side is popular because it's all about giving everything away, it's pretty much impossible for the other party to even keep its foot in the door without playing the same game. As a country we've proven that a republic can fail just like a democracy when the people figure out how to get at the treasury. With term limits and some sanity mixed into the election process, there's a slim chance at reversal. However when the electorate wallows in the slop of reality TV, news that isn't news, and fancy rather than fact, then there's little hope for sanity in the electoral process. With nothing to force congress to reform, there's also no hope for fiscal constraint. Basically the process is like flying a big hydrogen filled balloon in a thunderstorm and thinking all is well.
I see where you're coming from on this. As I could say When one side is popular because it's all about telling the populace no taxes. Bsically that's the Republican platform and if taxes need to be levied to improve the quality of life for all americans, the Republicans will tell you the other party is stealing your money.

He didn't take your bribe he took the other bribe and your butt is in jail. Apparently you didn't have enough power.
He's making that $50 regardless of whether or not he sends me to jail. Do cops work on commission? He gets his $50 regardless, and can make $25 more with my bribe.

Why do corporations spend so much time and money lobbying governments if governments are less powerful than the corporations?

Who has the power - the bribe maker or the bribe taker?

Congress is a bribe taker and a bribe maker; and while it's apparently legal for politicians, the only way to stay in power is to play the other guy's game and keep offering free stuff to the electorate. Bribe taking by congress makes people want to stay there, but their bribe makers can only vote once - even though the cash is important for slick campaigns that attract feeble and greedy minds in the electorate. Bribe making by congress is, therefore, the big deal ... that generates all the votes necessary to stay there; so the congressional candy store is open and handing out loads of free stuff to keep select voting blocs happy.

And if money is the ultimate power (don't disagree with that), which entity has more money than anybody else? Hint: it ain't the Koch brothers or Jeff Bezos. Who has more power, and money, to dole out than anyone else?
It makes the assumption that anyone can be bought.

VN Store

Back