Happy New Year VolNation !

Coach Jumper

I can be there tomorrow
You guys have made this a very fun year and I appreciate and love you all....
yes....even the ones of you who don't seem to love me ;o)

697861f7a2757eacddf1092fe663c9ab.gif

I provide the quote, not to be holier than thou, but as I read it this morning I recognize it answers why I am no longer active on this board -

A common humanity
Return to menu
Megan McArdle: I spend less time than I used to yelling at people on social media. Moreover, I talk to more and more people who say the same thing. People seem to have gotten bored with the pathological rage-seeking and virtue-signaling behavior that has characterized so much of the internet for the past five or 10 years — particularly for media and academia. The bullying disguised as piety, the compulsive need to find offense where none was intended, and the deliberate provocations intended to work the other side up into a frenzy are not what the cool people are doing anymore, thank heavens. It was always fatiguing, and now, apparently, the excitement has been exhausted. So my great hope for 2023 is that perhaps, instead of looking for reasons to hate each other, we might start rediscovering our common humanity.

I provide the quote, not to be holier than thou, but as I read it this morning I recognize it answers why I am no longer active on this board -

A common humanity
Return to menu
Megan McArdle: I spend less time than I used to yelling at people on social media. Moreover, I talk to more and more people who say the same thing. People seem to have gotten bored with the pathological rage-seeking and virtue-signaling behavior that has characterized so much of the internet for the past five or 10 years — particularly for media and academia. The bullying disguised as piety, the compulsive need to find offense where none was intended, and the deliberate provocations intended to work the other side up into a frenzy are not what the cool people are doing anymore, thank heavens. It was always fatiguing, and now, apparently, the excitement has been exhausted. So my great hope for 2023 is that perhaps, instead of looking for reasons to hate each other, we might start rediscovering our common humanity.
Wonderful thought to consider moving into the New Year!

VN Store

Back