Hank Azaria To No Longer Voice Apu on Simpsons

VolnJC

There was a documentary in 2017 that talked of how negatively it portrayed the Indian culture

There was a documentary in 2017 that talked of how negatively it portrayed the Indian culture

This is absolutely ridiculous. Having a large number of Indian clients I can testify, this character is an accurate portrayal with just a bit of hyperbole. Apu was one of the most friendly and fun characters to ever hit cartoon world.
-Own Quicky Marts? True
-Funny accent? True
-Arranged marriages? True

I guess they don’t negatively portray cops on the simpsons, or middle aged dads, or doctors, or clowns??

This is absolutely ridiculous. Having a large number of Indian clients I can testify, this character is an accurate portrayal with just a bit of hyperbole. Apu was one of the most friendly and fun characters to ever hit cartoon world.
-Own Quicky Marts? True
-Funny accent? True
-Arranged marriages? True

I guess they don’t negatively portray cops on the simpsons, or middle aged dads, or doctors, or clowns??
This was my thought too...Apu is the most likable character on the show to me...hopefully they will keep him and won't change him too much

I can't believe this show is still on. I haven't watched any episode past 2000.

Every once in a while I catch one if I was watching a later NFL game on FOX. Generally I still find it funny.

Kinda like South Park. I make no effort to watch new ones but when I do I’m entertained.

Reactions: VolnJC
Every once in a while I catch one if I was watching a later NFL game on FOX. Generally I still find it funny.

Kinda like South Park. I make no effort to watch new ones but when I do I’m entertained.
The only ones I try to always catch are the Treehouse of Horror specials..I like it that all bets are off and they can kill off anybody without any repercussions

VN Store

Back