Hammered

We will go far IF we get a good bracket in NCAA. We can't be in bracket with UNC, Gonzaga, Villanova, Duke & UConn and expect to win our bracket

No such thing as a good bracket. Yes, there are easier ones, but at the end of the day you will still have to beat at least 3, maybe more, very good teams.

Also, UConn isnt so good this year.

This loss shows the real UT. Out worked, out hustled, and out of position. We couldn’t get anyone open under the basket and I’m not sure our guys know they can jump for rebounds. The fire that was there late in 2018 is gone. I expect the next meeting to look similar along with a loss to LSU and Auburn

Lol
Let's just cancel the rest of the season then

This loss shows the real UT. Out worked, out hustled, and out of position. We couldn’t get anyone open under the basket and I’m not sure our guys know they can jump for rebounds. The fire that was there late in 2018 is gone. I expect the next meeting to look similar along with a loss to LSU and Auburn

Then go pound sand.

When football fan is mad the basketball team is successful ^

Best to get the fluke out of the way.

I think it's off the mark to call this a "fluke". What UK did to us wasn't some stroke of luck. They whipped us every which way. UT has been on cruise control for a good while. This is not the same bunch we saw early in the season. We're now in the toughest part of our schedule and facing tournament caliber opposition. UT can't just roll onto the floor and expect double digit wins. March is just around the corner. We have time to get back on track, but can this bunch find that "edge" again? How long will it take? How many more losses? This isn't something you can just turn on and off. Teams look to be playing their best ball at this time of year. I'm concerned that we played our best at the beginning of the year. I said before the UK game that this stretch will show us if this team is really a contender or not.

I disagree except for Schofield(Maybe). Didn’t need to get hot, just get to their average.

Our shots we not falling and their’s were. It’s hard to win when that happens.

That’s my point... if one of them gets hot we win. Turner was 0-7

Losing to Kentucky at Rupp is one of the least dishonorable losses in college basketball, it's why it's such a big deal when you do win there. It's meaningless in the grand scheme though. Learn from it and move on.

Refs were surprisingly fair!
Our usual shots, weren't falling tonight. We got open but the shots rimmed out.
Ky had All-American high school players but we has 3* high school players, so we weren't able to get all of the loose rebounds.
We played at Rupp & they were motivated to beat # 1.
We will beat them at TBA in March. Ky will win SEC tourney.
We will go far IF we get a good bracket in NCAA. We can't be in bracket with UNC, Gonzaga, Villanova, Duke & UConn and expect to win our bracket
Going to be hard to lose to a 13-12 UConn team that won’t even make the tourney...

I expect TBA to be very, very hostile to those bumpkins. Barnes will break down this film and they will chop it up. The ref's will not be allowed to give Kentucky the advantage by letting them push us out of position.

The refs are allowed to do as they damn well please. Especially where KY is concerned.

Agree about "fire". However we looked a little tired from the start. One of the few times I checked in late in the game, the announcer mentioned "no energy". Another thing, for a group of guys with little experience with such lofty success over this long a period of time, it has to have been mentally tiring. Lets just hope they can reload.

I'm no basketball expert. Was this a one time thing or did we see the real UT last night?

We're certainly better than we played last night. Problem has been that this team was simply so much better than the folks they've been playing. They've been able to play for stretches and it's been enough to win games easily. They've just not been pushed. They've gotten "comfortable". They've lost that edge...than hunger...that chip on their shoulders. They just bought into the hype surrounding the team. Fans asking "who can beat us". Team began smelling the air from the top of the mountain and simply lost sight of what got them there. It's a different game come March.

As for that being the real UT, I say no, but can they get things back on track? How quickly? Hate to say it, but I think we lose at least 2 more. Probably 3. The SECT has never been good to us so I have no aspirations there. Honestly, a quick exit and resting some legs wouldn't be the worst thing for this team. Problem is that we'll probably slip to a 2 or maybe even a 3 seed if all this comes to pass. The committee looks at how you're playing lately not so much what you did early in the year when seeding is "close" between teams. Even if worst comes to pass, this is a position UT basketball doesn't often find itself in. I'm still enjoying this season. Don't think next year will be anywhere close to this level of success. The remainder of this schedule will tell us who UT really is.

Reactions: lonelawyer
Fahr Rick!

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
I think we will beat them in the rematch at TBA, but it will likely be a lot closer. Why? Because we will come out like the Hansons in Slapshot just like UK did in Rupp, only the Vols won't get the same whistle (or lack thereof) and our guys will have to throttle it back to stay on the court. The equalizer that will put us over the top will be that we will be draining our normal threes. Heck, as bad as it was in Rupp, it would have been a tie ballgame late if AD, Turner, and Bowden had only gone 6 of 17 on their open looks (35%, not even a hot shooting night) instead of 1-17.

UT is a football school...no matter how bad we are or how good at basketball. It's obvious we don't have the talent a UK has. Guys have over achieved massively this year. Being #1 was a charade...and fun for awhile and those kids should be commended...but we aren't going anywhere in the tourney and its ok. We aren't built to be a final four team. We can't hang with the bluebloods. I think we were exposed big time...but give Barnes and the team credit. I'm not gonna sweat it. We are what we are and it is what it is. Gawd bless those kids for overachieving like they have.

VN Store

Back