Halvorsen Available

Wilkerson just talked about Halverson on Sports Talk. He shared a bit of info from his pregame interview with Coach V. Coach V said that Halverson was continuing rehab and that he (Halverson) was not happy about last week’s reports that he wouldn’t pitch this season. Coach V said that if Halverson’s rehab continued to progress, there *might* be an opportunity for him to pitch during the postseason. No guarantees.

I really hope he comes back next season. I'm guessing he may have no choice. The draft is only 20 rounds long now. He was taken in the 19th round in 2021. He has done nothing to improve his stock and has deepened the injury concerns, so he may drop out of the draft. If he comes back next year, he's still not likely to be a weekend starter (Burns/Dollander/Beam all back), but with Joyce likely going pro and Walsh out of eligibility, he could settle nicely into Tennessee's closer role. Given his stuff, Anderson could make him dominant in that spot, which would help his draft stock.

I would be hesitant to bring him back at all if his very first live action innings were in the post-season. You need some time, at least a few games, to get in a groove and find your rhythm.

Hell, Boston brought back Chris Sale in August to try and get him ready for the post-season after 1.5 years of rehab and even 2 months weren’t enough for him to be Chris Sale again by October.

I really hope he comes back next season. I'm guessing he may have no choice. The draft is only 20 rounds long now. He was taken in the 19th round in 2021. He has done nothing to improve his stock and has deepened the injury concerns, so he may drop out of the draft. If he comes back next year, he's still not likely to be a weekend starter (Burns/Dollander/Beam all back), but with Joyce likely going pro and Walsh out of eligibility, he could settle nicely into Tennessee's closer role. Given his stuff, Anderson could make him dominant in that spot, which would help his draft stock.

We all learned in 2022 not to anticipate the starting rotation

We all learned in 2022 not to anticipate the starting rotation

I mean, when all 3 of your weekend starters are returning and all 3 are mid season nominees for the national college baseball POY, it’s fair to assume that they’ll be the starting 3 weekend guys next year, if healthy.

We didn’t return a single weekend starter in 2022 until Blade got healthy a couple weeks ago. So the two situations aren’t at all analogous.

Reactions: AllThingsTN
I mean, when all 3 of your weekend starters are returning and all 3 are mid season nominees for the national college baseball POY, it’s fair to assume that they’ll be the starting 3 weekend guys next year, if healthy.

We didn’t return a single weekend starter in 2022 until Blade got healthy a couple weeks ago. So the two situations aren’t at all analogous.
As a sophomore, Tidwell will be back next year as well right? Or did he redshirt?

VN Store

Back