Halvorsen Available

Vitello told the media today that Halvorsen would be available to pitch this weekend. Probably see him on the same track that Tidwell has been on.
Also, Dickey is available in the field this week. I’d expect to see him and Burke in the lineup Friday against a RHP.
Whatever, happen to Seth Stephenson? Injured?

Last edited:
Whatever, happen to Seth Stephen? Injured?
I was wondering same ..hi speed adds alot to the offense .. I was expecting alot more from Logan Chambers also ..but he has struggled at the plate ... but in the fall he was scorching it I had heard ... so ????

Seth is not hurt.
I've yet to figure out what happens each year between fall and spring. Last year it was Jorel Ortega. He was almost unstoppable fall 2020 but could not hit anything spring 2021. This year it was Logan Chambers. In the fall, he was the one the pitchers could not get out but cannot do it this spring. I do not understand it on any level but it is a thing.

Seth is not hurt.
I've yet to figure out what happens each year between fall and spring. Last year it was Jorel Ortega. He was almost unstoppable fall 2020 but could not hit anything spring 2021. This year it was Logan Chambers. In the fall, he was the one the pitchers could not get out but cannot do it this spring. I do not understand it on any level but it is a thing.
Am I crazy for thinking Chambers is always late on the pitch, regardless of pitch type? I know he has pulled a few balls, but it always looks like he’s going to be late. Maybe I’m seeing it wrong or he has quick hands which distorts it, but I never expect him to take it to the right side.

I don't know what the problem is with Seth. He squared up the pitching staff this fall, whether it was 100 or 80 so I don't see him being late consistently. I just think there is something mentally that happens and hoping he has a comeback year in 2023 like Jorel has had this year.

Seth is not hurt.

Yeah, he's gotten opportunities this season, he just hasn't made much noise, especially lately. He seemed to be pressing at the plate and swinging at pitches well out of the strike zone a lot. Sure hope he gets it together again. We could really use him on the base paths.

Yeah, he's gotten opportunities this season, he just hasn't made much noise, especially lately. He seemed to be pressing at the plate and swinging at pitches well out of the strike zone a lot. Sure hope he gets it together again. We could really use him on the base paths.

Yeah, problem (?!?) is we’ve got eight guys on this team with a higher OBP and a higher SLG% than him (and Beck is actually not one of them, so let’s just call it nine 😄). That would probably slot him in around the bottom of the order with our middle infielders, but even then you are sitting Dickey or Moore (in addition to Burke, Scott, Booker, etc.) in order to get Stephenson in there. I think he’s probably better used as a pinch hitter/runner right now.

Vitello told the media today that Halvorsen would be available to pitch this weekend. Probably see him on the same track that Tidwell has been on.
Also, Dickey is available in the field this week. I’d expect to see him and Burke in the lineup Friday against a RHP.

This is like signing a free agent and he will be very valuable going down the stretch in the SEC games.

So if Halvorsen is indeed out for the season, does he come back next year or go pro? We could really use him sliding into that closer role in 2023.

Did I miss something. Where is the rest of the season concern trigger? I saw the he would to would not be available this week posts.

Did I miss something. Where is the rest of the season concern trigger? I saw the he would to would not be available this week posts.

Pure speculation based on a poster on here claiming he heard Halvorsen had a setback and will be announced this week as being shut down for the season.

No real information yet.

VN Store

Back