Halo Infinite

This is going to really hurt XSX sales. There's not much else to really get one to buy a console now. Halo was it.

Reactions: NEO
This is going to really hurt XSX sales. There's not much else to really get one to buy a console now. Halo was it.

IMO the mistake they made was trying to develop this game to run on current gen. They should've just bit the bullet and made the decision to go all in on next gen and make Halo Infinite a true next gen only game. I fully believe that trying to get this to run on the OG Xbox One is hurting it's progress. Their original idea was to use Unreal Engine 4 and make the entire Halo ring explorable. I actually liked that idea a lot. But instead they opted to build a completely new engine from scratch to better optimize the older hardware so they could get it to run on current gen. This prolonged development time and IMO it hasn't exactly produced stunning results. I honestly think the new Destiny 2 expansion looks more impressive.

IMO the mistake they made was trying to develop this game to run on current gen. They should've just bit the bullet and made the decision to go all in on next gen and make Halo Infinite a true next gen only game. I fully believe that trying to get this to run on the OG Xbox One is hurting it's progress. Their original idea was to use Unreal Engine 4 and make the entire Halo ring explorable. I actually liked that idea a lot. But instead they opted to build a completely new engine from scratch to better optimize the older hardware so they could get it to run on current gen. This prolonged development time and IMO it hasn't exactly produced stunning results. I honestly think the new Destiny 2 expansion looks more impressive.

Bruh, you need a wife named Destiny lol. Anywho, yeah I didn't really understand fully why they would make a game be able to run on the OG Xbone as well as on a MUCH MORE POWERFUL SYSTEM. I mean for frick sake the OG Xbox was running 900p at 24 fps. The XSX is going to blow that out of the water. That was mistake #1 from which all the other mistakes are stemming or will stem from. Honestly, and adding the fact that Fable and Avowed don't release for a couple years at least and that all of the good games will be on PC anyway, there was minimal reason to buy a XSX. Now there is even less reason.

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
Bruh, you need a wife named Destiny lol. Anywho, yeah I didn't really understand fully why they would make a game be able to run on the OG Xbone as well as on a MUCH MORE POWERFUL SYSTEM. I mean for frick sake the OG Xbox was running 900p at 24 fps. The XSX is going to blow that out of the water. That was mistake #1 from which all the other mistakes are stemming or will stem from. Honestly, and adding the fact that Fable and Avowed don't release for a couple years at least and that all of the good games will be on PC anyway, there was minimal reason to buy a XSX. Now there is even less reason.

LOL what can I say? I love Destiny! Pound for pound I've probably logged more hours and had more fun with friends playing Destiny 1 and 2 than anything else this generation.

The other "elephant in the room" nobody seems to want to address regarding Halo is the simple fact that 343i ain't Bungie! They are a cheap knock off studio. They are a cover band, trying to mimmick the actual rockstars. Halo hasn't been the same since Reach which, unsurprisingly, was the last Halo game Bungie worked on.

Last edited:
Reactions: StoVol
LOL what can I say? I love Destiny! Pound for pound I've probably logged more hours and had more fun with friends playing Destiny 1 and 2 than anything else this generation.

The other "elephant in the room" nobody seems to want to address regarding Halo is the simple fact that 343i ain't Bungie! They are a cheap knock off studio. They are a cover band, trying to mimmick the actual rockstars. Halo hasn't been the same since Reach which, unsurprisingly, was the last Halo game Bungie worked on.
I know a Destiny. At least that's what she told me her name was when she asked if I wanted a dance :p

So far mine has been Ark. Love it, but haven't played it in a while. Also a HUGE Elder Scrolls fan. Sadly, and deserved IMO, they constantly have people mad at them over how long things have taken for them to bring out the next ES. If Starfield, which I'm very interested in, comes out soon and is good it will tie people over until ES6 comes out. But something tells me Starfield isn't coming out for at least another 2 years. Fall 2022 is my earliest guess.

That's a LONG delay for something that was supposed to be a launch title. And it's crazy that no one seemingly knew the visuals were terrible before that public reveal.

Agreed. My guess is because it was also coming out on the One, but that's the only "good" explanation I can come up with. Definitely should be a next-gen title only.

That's a LONG delay for something that was supposed to be a launch title. And it's crazy that no one seemingly knew the visuals were terrible before that public reveal.
At the end of the day, this doesn’t really seem like that much of a catastrophe. It’s not like that many people can even get their hands on the Series X right now, and it doesn’t look like that’s going to change anytime soon. Those things are like gold dust at the moment. If this were like the previous generation where the consoles were pretty readily available, having one of your flagship titles release a new game would be great for driving sales. May as well wait till the game is really done at this point.

I’ve been lucky enough to be part of all the multiplayer flight tests and I have been so excited for the multiplayer coming. I’ll play the campaign once they add the RT and coop, but I really like what they are showing.

The multiplayer flights really good. I'm really excited for the competitive settings they announced.

I’m still iffy on purchasing since there’s no co op campaign yet. What’s the point of buying it if you can’t run legendary with the homies? But I’ll definitely play the F2P multiplayer.

Reactions: C/O
I’m still iffy on purchasing since there’s no co op campaign yet. What’s the point of buying it if you can’t run legendary with the homies? But I’ll definitely play the F2P multiplayer.
If you arent subscribed to gamepass ultimate/PC, then I am not sure what you are doing with your life

If you arent subscribed to gamepass ultimate/PC, then I am not sure what you are doing with your life
I thought only multiplayer was part of games pass.. I have it on PC. Only console I own is a ps5 right now. Well I’ll definitely check it out. An open world halo game sounds like a bad idea. But we’ll see

I thought only multiplayer was part of games pass.. I have it on PC. Only console I own is a ps5 right now. Well I’ll definitely check it out. An open world halo game sounds like a bad idea. But we’ll see
Mp is completely free, no game pass required. Campaign comes with game pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: BearCat204
Lots of rumor and some tangible proof that points towards a multiplayer release on monday. Coincides with the 20th anniversary. From the flights I have played, the best experience among the big shooters; COD and BF.

Still not a peep from 343 or MS over all these rumors. Then there is this............Jeff Grubb is a legit person to listen to about this.

And they did it!!! Season 1 of MP is out now. Not sure if the download is live just yet, but it is on steam and downloading.

VN Store

Back