Halloween Kills

1, 2 and H20 actually do function pretty well as a trilogy. 4* could actually fit in the canon pretty cleanly as it plays off Laurie "supposedly" dying in the car crash which works going forward to H20. No need for 5 with the man in black setting up the cult of thorn, etc in Revenge. (don't even get me started on Resurrection) I didn't think '18 was THAT bad, though the "doctor gone bad" trope was already pretty tired.

*I understand there's the slight issue if one insists on mentioning the daughter aspect in H2O but that could be set aside as Laurie isn't mentioning that connection to anyone, even her son. The only other thing is that ending. They basically set the stage for Jamie to become the new Michael, or at least another Michael. It's still nothing that would keep it from working in canon with 1, 2 & H20.

Yeah I've thought about that regarding 4. Just like you I thought "well if she faked her death and went into hiding, that would make sense." However there are 2 gaping plot points that I cannot reconcile...

1. There's no way Laurie Strode would abandon her daughter. She's entirely too principled to do that. What possible reason would she have to leave one child behind and yet keep another near her? That to me is too uncharacteristic of her.

2. That ending. It just screws everything up. Now, if it had ended where that was a dream sequence that Loomis was having, that would work but it didn't. As much as I like part 4, that ending is just stupid. I usually stop the movie after the town beer bellies shoot Michael up.

Reactions: firestorm
Yeah I've thought about that regarding 4. Just like you I thought "well if she faked her death and went into hiding, that would make sense." However there are 2 gaping plot points that I cannot reconcile...

1. There's no way Laurie Strode would abandon her daughter. She's entirely too principled to do that. What possible reason would she have to leave one child behind and yet keep another near her? That to me is too uncharacteristic of her.

2. That ending. It just screws everything up. Now, if it had ended where that was a dream sequence that Loomis was having, that would work but it didn't. As much as I like part 4, that ending is just stupid. I usually stop the movie after the town beer bellies shoot Michael up.

The ending of 4 would have worked better if they had done two things:

1. Just stopped there and not gone on with 5 and 6
2. Made the stabbing victim Rachel instead of the step mother

I actually like how they set up the end of 4 where Jamie walks up to Michael as he's lying on the ground and touches his hand as if the "evil" is being transferred to her, just before they shoot him dead. Would have been a cool way to end the series IMO. But there was still just way too much $$ to milk from that cow.

I like the fan theory that includes 3 as part of the story line and says that Michael is like one of those evil robot guys with super human strength.

Reactions: FLVOL_79

One could make the case (with varying acceptance depending on the person) that coming out of the trauma shown in 1 & 2 she may have thought she was doing the right thing leaving Jamie. An actual "for her own benefit" motive considering she was still PTSD at the time of H20. This was 10 years after and Jamie is 9 (IIRC) so was conceived very shortly after the original story. Her son was 17 at the time of H20 so it could be assumed she'd already moved to CA before having him. It's not a perfect fit but could be watched and stay close enough to canon between 2 and H20 to work.

Yeah, that ending really is a WTF. I mean I get it was a weird "connection" thing and they rode it into 5 as a fairly major plotline but it was an awfully big, and unnecessary IMHO, end jolt. Now having cited that grievance I don't think it necessarily removes the movie from functioning in canon.

I like the fan theory that includes 3 as part of the story line and says that Michael is like one of those evil robot guys with super human strength.

I liked Halloween 3 for what it was, and I know I'm in a small minority, but I respect what they tried to do with the series. I think after 2 they understood there was absolutely no way they were gonna top the original, and I still believe with the right creative team they could have made the anthology idea work. But I'm also glad it ultimately bombed out of my respect for Halloween 4.

Reactions: davethevol
I liked Halloween 3 for what it was, and I know I'm in a small minority, but I respect what they tried to do with the series. I think after 2 they understood there was absolutely no way they were gonna top the original, and I still believe with the right creative team they could have made the anthology idea work. But I'm also glad it ultimately bombed out of my respect for Halloween 4.
Oh 3 is awesome!! I loved the plot of it and it has some great gruesome death scenes! I dont really consider it as part of the Halloween series though. In fact I just call it "Season of the Witch". And i just have to say, it has THE most badass skull mask Ive ever seen!

Reactions: davethevol
I heard that Jason Blum is open to making more Halloween movies after Halloween Ends.

I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Halloween 3 Season of the Witch as long as that movie doesn't again use the hugely misleading marketing that Michael Myers is a main character in that movie.

No doubt Halloween Kills will be promoted today on AMC because a marathon of Halloween movies are being shown the day before the highly anticipated Halloween Kills gets released.

It’s ok. It felt really disjointed to me. Didn’t really care for the hospital mob scene. I understand why they did it and what they were trying to get across, just thought it was way over the top.

Started strong. Hospital part was meh. Big John and lil John got too much screen time. Ending I enjoyed, made it seem like he was human at first but quickly turned into some supernatural like ****!

7/10 pretty solid

Reactions: Behr
This movie blows sadly. They did a few cool things, but over all I can honestly say I wouldn’t ever watch it again.

Reactions: Ttucke11
I saw it last night. Overall i liked it better than 2018 except...

"The hospital riot scene. I thought it was ridiculously over the top with the whole "Evil dies tonight" rally cry and mob. It was just an excuse to sideline Laurie, which wasnt even necessary as she was already sidelined by surgery."

What the heck was going on with the ending?

they are really embracing the supernatural side of this it seems. I didn’t hear clearly what they were saying, but in the hospital as he was reviving and killing everyone, they were saying something like “what we know now” as tho he can’t die. What was that all about?

What the heck was going on with the ending?

they are really embracing the supernatural side of this it seems. I didn’t hear clearly what they were saying, but in the hospital as he was reviving and killing everyone, they were saying something like “what we know now” as tho he can’t die. What was that all about?
They were basically saying his evil or strength feeds off his killing. The more people he kills, the stronger he becomes. This was referenced in other Halloween movies as well. I thought Halloween Kills was the perfect revenge movie for Michael. We were all told months ago when it was announced that this was going to be Michael's movie, his time to get violent. He certainly did that and I am looking forward to Halloween Ends. It's going to be a battle of epic proportions.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Halloween Ends needs to be a Halloween multiverse movie where the Michaels from Halloween 2 through Resurrection, 4-6, and the Zombie movies all show up and the Michaels all fight each other. The movie ends with Loomis coming out of the ground and dragging them all to hell only he's not Loomis, he's one of those robots from Halloween 3.

I saw it Saturday night and I loved it. Definitely some lull at times and the mob scene wasn't needed. It definitely had some badass kills. I was impressed with the movie. I think Halloween Ends is gonna be epic and I can't wait for it.

Reactions: NO SIR EEE
Seems to be some wildly varying opinions on this, but mine is that this was an extremely mediocre movie. Don't care to watch it again, it was okay for what it was (a completely mindless slasher).

VN Store

Back