Halftime Thoughts

hatvol96

1. That third foul on Lavoy Allen will end up being important.
2. Tennessee is playing like a team off a nine day layoff during finals, which they are.
3. Maze really needs to attack Inge on both ends.
4. Renaldo should post Brooks up. He's got about 5 inches and plenty of muscle on him.
5. With them both in the building, it's even more apparent. Fran Dunphy and Ernie Grunfeld were separated at birth.
6. Temple can't keep Tyler out of the lane.
7. As Gonzaga showed earlier, big men who can step outside and make shots are going to wear UT out.
8. Wayne has regressed to the point that he looks like the second coming of Shun Sheffeld out there.
9. Steve Pearl is going to have to at last attempt a 15 footer at some point. Otherwise, UT is going to be playing 4 on 5 when he's in the game.
10. Temple is going to be a load in the A-10.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

been thinking the same about Pearl, in regards to the 4 on 5 comment. it brings back memories of Dane Bradshaw, except worse.

Bradshaw atleast could play a little defense, not turn it over, create shots for others sometimes, get loose balls, and bank in an occasional three.

One thing about Steven Pearl...I don't mind him playing a few minutes, but he doesn't even try to do anything offensively. I wouldn't mind him taking a couple of shots and missing those. But when the defense knows he's not doing anything, it makes their job a whole lot easier against the rest of our players.

Was it me or did it seem like our defensive guys under the basket would take off down court before the ball hit the rim, leaving maybe one guy to rebound?

Was it me or did it seem like our defensive guys under the basket would take off down court before the ball hit the rim, leaving maybe one guy to rebound?

Brian was in the all alone several times. I saw him chewing another player out after he fouled because of being left to dry and they got an easy offensive board.

Now that I think about it was defensive and offensive boards. That is just fundemental basketball. Block out after the shot and get the rebound! Am I missing something here?

Our guys also seem to have butterfingers under the basket when trying to get offensive boards or loose balls.

Brian was in the all alone several times. I saw him chewing another player out after he fouled because of being left to dry and they got an easy offensive board.

Brian has vastly improved since last year. Alot more fluid, not a big gangly body out there.

Any chatter in the arena about the Sixers firing Mo Cheeks?
If the Sixers let the interim coach finish the season and don't hire a permanent guy now, don't be surprised if Jay Wright ends up being a serious candidate.

If the Sixers let the interim coach finish the season and don't hire a permanent guy now, don't be surprised if Jay Wright ends up being a serious candidate.

Very interesting. It'd certainly be a convenient transition to the league for Wright.

VN Store

Back