Hail to the Washington Commanders

Let me put it simply, the Redskins name was not chosen or used as a derogatory term then or now . It was chosen to honor and admire a once proud ethnic population. It showed admiration for Indians.
I love this franchise, one of two sports franchises I’ve loved basically since birth, due to a family connection that means more to me than almost anything in the world. That being said, if you think this franchise made a choice that long ago and racism WASN’T involved then I don’t think you know their history all that well.

Disenfranchise?
Ignore the disenfranchise term. Out of context in this case.

Snyder should not a adopt a nickname that signals or represents a specific ethnicity. Redtails is
a description that is identifiable as a special nickname for the Tuskegee airman.

Ignore the disenfranchise term. Out of context in this case.

Snyder should not a adopt a nickname that signals or represents a specific ethnicity. Redtails is
a description that is identifiable as a special nickname for the Tuskegee airman
Because of their service to this country, as opposed to the color of their skin.

And what a horrible thing that would be to honor.
Actually Abingdon Vol and most other people likely have positive views of the Tuskegee airman as we would any other WW2 veteran but you cannot have a nickname that suggests an ethnicity. The remaining living Tuskegee Airman and/or their heirs likely would be highly offended if the nickname was used as a new moniker for the Daniel Snyder led Washington football franchise currently (Not for long) ) known as the “Redskins”.
“Oh the Horror”.

Last edited:
Actually Myself and most other people likely have positive views of the Tuskegee airman as we would any other WW2 veteran but you cannot have a nickname that suggests an ethnicity. The remaining living Tuskegee Airman and/or their heirs likely would be highly offended if the nickname was used as a new moniker for the Daniel Snyder led Washington football franchise currently (Not for long) ) know as the “Redskins”.
“Oh the Horror”.
I agree it would look like pandering from Snyder, the shltbag that he is, my personal feeling has been for a long time that the change could be to Warriors and use the same old throwback helmets without the face and be done with it.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
EcCOa6tXQAYItcA

Reactions: Ernest T. Vol
I agree it would look like pandering from Snyder, the shltbag that he is, my personal feeling has been for a long time that the change could be to Warriors and use the same old throwback helmets without the face and be done with it.
Warriors is a possible option. We’ll see what others names will float around in the next few days or weeks. From what I read today a change is possible before the start of the season. It would be funny if Snyder decides No and tells Nike to take a walk and make a deal with another apparel manufacturer. He could pull an Al Davis and sue the NFL.

Reactions: PowerT83
That’s actually a good idea. Change their name to the whiteskins. And their mascot is a white guy

I love this franchise, one of two sports franchises I’ve loved basically since birth, due to a family connection that means more to me than almost anything in the world. That being said, if you think this franchise made a choice that long ago and racism WASN’T involved then I don’t think you know their history all that well.
Why would you pick a name if you had negative opinions about the ethnicity. You pick a name of a group of people and their culture that you respect and hold in high regard. The term was used by the franchise as homage to the American Indian and their fighting spirit.

VN Store

Back