Gut wrenching losses

1985Vols

As Vol fans, How many more can we endure? Going back to Kiffin ( Alabama game blocked FG), to Dooley ( LSU game too many players on the field, UNC game penalty gives UNC extra play to kick FG) , to Butch ( Florida Hail Mary, Oklahoma up by 2 TD's in 4th Qtr and lose in OT) , Pruitt last night with busted coverage when game is in the bag. I know I've missed several others and haven't even mentioned the basketball teams NCAA tourney exit the past 2 seasons vs. Loyola Chicago last second shot and Purdue ( same with foul called) and could go back to Pearl vs. Mich State game that kept us from Final 4. No wonder the state of Tennessee is one of the top states in the country for heart attacks ( it's not just the biscuits, sausage and gravy)

Honestly, last night was not gut wrenching. I expected it. My guts were ripped out a long time ago. Apathy set in after week 1. So I don't WANT to, but I'm ready to endure many many more.

While not so serious as the real thing ( Many thoughts and prayers for the Bahama’s), its like the sports version of a Hurricane, you see it coning. You know it’s coming. You hope it doesn’t. Then you’re devastated by it.

Reactions: RollerVol
Get used to it because this year is going to be awful. I see two possible wins.

overtime Saturday made for some great football across the nation...eventually we'll come out on the winning side...

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fully expect to lose with Pruitt at the helm, and JG under center. Seriously....I’m just waiting for the excitement of a coaching search. It’s all I’ve got.

Reactions: TheBigOne10
As Vol fans, How many more can we endure? Going back to Kiffin ( Alabama game blocked FG), to Dooley ( LSU game too many players on the field, UNC game penalty gives UNC extra play to kick FG) , to Butch ( Florida Hail Mary, Oklahoma up by 2 TD's in 4th Qtr and lose in OT) , Pruitt last night with busted coverage when game is in the bag. I know I've missed several others and haven't even mentioned the basketball teams NCAA tourney exit the past 2 seasons vs. Loyola Chicago last second shot and Purdue ( same with foul called) and could go back to Pearl vs. Mich State game that kept us from Final 4. No wonder the state of Tennessee is one of the top states in the country for heart attacks ( it's not just the biscuits, sausage and gravy)

We have been bleeding out for years. Death very well could have already occurred of this program and you just aren't close enough to read the vital signs. I'm not even mad this time. I expected we would blow it. Came out there all fired up. I thought, the only reason they are doing this is cause the fans are telling them how to play. If the fans have to tell you how to play, you suck and won't win. I was thinking, let's see if they keep it up 4 quarters.
See the excitement is supposed to transform into play. I saw that in most everyone but JG. We ran sweeps for 2 quarters cause our qb can't throw. Get that Jersey kid out of the game.

Reactions: DixieVol
You forgot 4th and 16 late and Florida throws a simple sideline pass that goes for a TD.

We have been bleeding out for years. Death very well could have already occurred of this program and you just aren't close enough to read the vital signs. I'm not even mad this time. I expected we would blow it. Came out there all fired up. I thought, the only reason they are doing this is cause the fans are telling them how to play. If the fans have to tell you how to play, you suck and won't win. I was thinking, let's see if they keep it up 4 quarters.
See the excitement is supposed to transform into play. I saw that in most everyone but JG. We ran sweeps for 2 quarters cause our qb can't throw. Get that Jersey kid out of the game.
I did too. It's actually my wife's fault. There's something like 20 seconds left and she says "ut's got this one", and no sooner than me telling her she just jinxed us, they hit the long pass. Sorry, was the best she could come up with, and seemed like an empty gesture, so just wanted to pass along that I apologize.

I fully expect to lose with Pruitt at the helm, and JG under center. Seriously....I’m just waiting for the excitement of a coaching search. It’s all I’ve got.
Before we go crazy again and send heads rolling, why not try putting in a new QB?
I mean, Freshman qb go in all the time, just not here.
It's like we have Butch Jones making the decision again to keep Worley in and Dobbs on the bench cause Worley is an upperclassmen.

I did too. It's actually my wife's fault. There's something like 20 seconds left and she says "ut's got this one", and no sooner than me telling her she just jinxed us, they hit the long pass. Sorry, was the best she could come up with, and seemed like an empty gesture, so just wanted to pass along that I apologize.[/QUOT

For shame. I was sitting there praying that no fan would proclaim victory too early. And lo and behold, it was your wife.

Before we go crazy again and send heads rolling, why not try putting in a new QB?
I mean, Freshman qb go in all the time, just not here.
It's like we have Butch Jones making the decision again to keep Worley in and Dobbs on the bench cause Worley is an upperclassmen.
While I don't think we have a " great" QB on the bench, just getting someone else in the game might ignite a spark to this offense. Guarantano has had 3 years to show us he is not a winning QB. Need someone to get us through this season until Bailey gets here next season.

While I don't think we have a " great" QB on the bench, just getting someone else in the game might ignite a spark to this offense. Guarantano has had 3 years to show us he is not a winning QB. Need someone to get us through this season until Bailey gets here next season.
Great or not, no telling till you get them on the field.

Forget Bailey, he's too smart to risk his NFL gazillions, and health, by playing for a cellar dwelling team like Tennessee. He will bolt just like Trevor did ... Book it!

Forget Bailey, he's too smart to risk his NFL gazillions, and health, by playing for a cellar dwelling team like Tennessee. He will bolt just like Trevor did ... Book it!
Don't be so sure....

A good chance to come in and play quickly. A well respected (like it or not) offensive coordinator. His peers coming in that he helped recruit. Tennessee has a lot to offer the Marietta product. Oh yeah, and a good chance to come in and play quickly.

Trevor didn't bolt. Butch Jones botched his recruitment by basically telling him he wasn't what they were looking for. Trevor would have come to UT if Jones had actuallly wanted him.

VN Store

Back