Gut feeling on Pruitt?

I think we're going to look back after year one and realize just how fortunate we are that the coaches that turned us down led to us getting Coach Jeremy Pruitt.

Reactions: 6 people
No clichés, no coach speak. seems very down to earth and I'll bet the players will love him. I'm looking forward to UT football being physical again with him at the helm...

Aiight!!!!!

What a relief this is.

Just give us a football guy!!!!

Obviously there’s no way in knowing the future, Pruitt could do well, do amazing, be mediocre, or be a bad HC when it’s all said and done. But what’s your gut feeling?

Do you think we will finally win another SEC championship under him? I’m going to go with yes. Im cautious. But for some reason I just have this gut feeling I didn’t have with Butch or Dooley that we’re finally going to be elite again. Year 3 we win the East, year 4 we win the whole thing. (The SEC, not a saying a natty)

tumblr_n1ml2hu8hG1ql56ddo1_500.gif

This is UT and we can’t have nice things here. Guy is dead on with his attitude and words. But something I’ve learned is to never get too excited or high about anything. Because once you do, it will be taken away. Never get too low either. FIND a middle ground and enjoy the ride. Not Tigger, not eeyore, more like Pooh

Reactions: 1 person
Gut: he should be able to do good here.

Fact: As soon as Saban retires we're doing another coaching search.

You are getting way ahead of yourself. Dabo Swaney wants that job. He has won at Clemson and even a national championship so I would say Alabama replaces. Saban with Swaney. A known winner at championships lever

If us fans can temper our expectations for the first 2 years then I think years 3-4 could be great with an amazing year 5 to cap it off. And if he ends up being the second coming of Saban we could see immediate results.

I agree with this. I honestly think we'll start to see some improvement this year with a 7-6 record.

Unlike when Butch took over, there is talent on this team (although the depth is still lacking) and now these guys will get the coaching they didn't under the previous regime.

Anyone can coach with good players. We all have heard if you don't have the horses you cannot pull the wagon . This is so factual, especially in the game of football. Here is what I like......did you see Pruitt keep fooling with the micro phone ??? Sign of a lot of energy. Very energetic ...not laid back and relaxed. He is ready to go. Another , Kirby Smart, Muschamp, Saban, and a hand full of others are good COMPETITIVE FRIENDS. Deep down they all want to prove to themselves and others they are the best in their professions. All have BIG EGOS and each wants to out do the other. I like this. Good competition keeps it interesting. Time will tell, however, I have always been a pretty good judge of people. Not bragging but I have been in the people business all my life. Other than Butch Jones I have been spot on. Not bragging but stating a fact. Honestly, I thought Jones was the real deal. Let me just close by saying I like what I see and know about Pruitt. Homerun hire for what we had to select from......Not a lot of BS and cliches !!!!! One more thing you and I will have to admit. Butch Jones left this program with much better players than what he found when he got here. His problem was that he could not coach them up after he got them here. He selected poor coordinators in my opinion !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Obviously there’s no way in knowing the future, Pruitt could do well, do amazing, be mediocre, or be a bad HC when it’s all said and done. But what’s your gut feeling?

Do you think we will finally win another SEC championship under him? I’m going to go with yes. Im cautious. But for some reason I just have this gut feeling I didn’t have with Butch or Dooley that we’re finally going to be elite again. Year 3 we win the East, year 4 we win the whole thing. (The SEC, not a saying a natty)

8-5 next year with a big win over the Florida Gators and a bowl win. The win over Florida will be the start of a long streak of wins against the Gators.

11-3 in 2019 with an SEC East Division Title, a close heartbreaking loss in the SEC Title Game that also costs us a playoff spot and a tough loss in a major bowl game

14-1 in 2020 with a Natty Championship, SEC Title, and Saban retirement after we embarrass the Crimson Tide for the second time that season in the SEC Championship game! We're back!!

That's my 3 year forecast!!!

of course we really don't know what's gonna happen, but just from the presser I felt pretty good...I'm just gonna support Coach Pruitt, try to be patient, and cheer like heck for us to win some games...must say I like the idea of VFL Coach Fair coming home...and

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was cautiously optimistic when CPF took over as AD, but after reading up on all of Pruitt's achievements and watching the press conference I'm convinced this is a home run hire. Actually, there is nobody who was hired or in play at any other school this time around (including UF, UCLA, Gruden, Leach, Brohm, etc) who I would rather have than our new head coach. Kudos to CPF for making this happen.

Reactions: 2 people
Anyone else shout amen when CJP said we weren’t gonna play off the ball, that we were gonna challenge every receiver at the LOS!?!

Reactions: 6 people
He seemed like he was still getting used to orange, but his wife was on cloud 9. He seems like a real football coach though. Tough, hard worker, will pound the ball on offense and contest every inch on defense. I love that he expects to win every game and didn’t temper expectations.

He was a little nervous at the press conference probably because he’s dreamed of this moment to be a college head coach his whole life. I think he will do well here, but there will be a little learning curve as a head coach in year 1.

I watched the Arky team when they met with Chad Morris and he came across as a phony. Pruitt came across genuine and like a guy who knows football in the SEC. Glad we ended with Pruitt.

Reactions: 3 people
I think that we will have another coach like Butch. We will see immediate improvement and after two or three seasons we will go back to losing again and by year five we will a new coach. We are caught in this cycle

Wow! Fulmer should have asked you to help interview, but you already know the future.

Listen, you said your piece, they fired Butch and this fan base scared a lot of pundits in the sports world, if you believe for a second that there are people that support how UT Fans acted........you better step back and look again. Any time you challenge the establishment (Good Ol'boy network) there might be some that applaud how UT Fans got involved, but the majority just got the **** scared out of them, because UT Fans can be too involved. So complain and whine all you want, the only coach that has the balls to come to UT, is Saban, and he is not leaving Alabama. Coach Pruitt is the only coordinator that has a winning background that has the balls to come to UT, whether you like him or not. UT Fans established this runaway train, either stay on it, or get the heck off, because UT just became the most hated school in America in November 2017 by ADs and HCs.

I don't know how this will turn out, but for the first time in a long time, I am not embarrassed to be a UT fan. He had an excellent presser. Based off of what other coaches and former players are saying, I am optimistic. Moving forward, I am anxious to see the staff in place and to see what kind of recruiting class he can salvage. Finally, there is hope.

Great.

I was disappointed in the last two hires. Tried to give them a chance.

Feel great about this and think we will return to our rightful position among the elite.

Look at the ACC Atlantic. Toughest division in CFB over SEC West? Defending Nat’l Champ, Returning Heisman Winner, Pre-Season #3, Defensive Player of the Year Candidate in Chubb, A team that beat Clemson at Home, a resurgent BC.

A 4th year coach who had to recruit 22 individual positions in year 1, makes a Bowl game and beats #19 last year. 7 Win regular season in year 4 as his redshirt juniors and 4th year seniors hung tough. Mid-level Bowl in year 4 against an SEC West opponent.

That’s what Tennessee is facing. The cupboard is nowhere near as bare as this ACC school. Competition is fiercer based upon the crossover opponent, and the ability to get his type of players on to the field. Some of Jones’s players will buy in,but let’s not project Atlanta in December in Year 3. If it happens, great, A’ight.

Reasonable expectations in year 3 will be flat or slightly below year 2. We graduate a lot in year two. The 2018 class will be RS sophomores and juniors in 2020. Figure Saban done in 2022 - that’s the year for Atlanta and the playoffs.

What we want and what we get as fans are two things that are going to take something that we have all run out of - patience. The move upward will not be a straight diagonal line. We will have additional tough losses, as well as some stolen wins.

I will be surprised if we don’t win the SEC East by 2022. To do so, we will have to take down the likes of Smart, Mullen & Muschamp. The other schools don’t scare me now that Pruitt’s directing the show.

A’ight?!!

He’s one of the best young coaches out there
He’s bringing a all star supporting cast

A few classes and look out

Nxt year should be a pretty good year we have a lot of talent they just need to be reenergized and coached

Look at the ACC Atlantic. Toughest division in CFB over SEC West? Defending Nat’l Champ, Returning Heisman Winner, Pre-Season #3, Defensive Player of the Year Candidate in Chubb, A team that beat Clemson at Home, a resurgent BC.

A 4th year coach who had to recruit 22 individual positions in year 1, makes a Bowl game and beats #19 last year. 7 Win regular season in year 4 as his redshirt juniors and 4th year seniors hung tough. Mid-level Bowl in year 4 against an SEC West opponent.

That’s what Tennessee is facing. The cupboard is nowhere near as bare as this ACC school. Competition is fiercer based upon the crossover opponent, and the ability to get his type of players on to the field. Some of Jones’s players will buy in,but let’s not project Atlanta in December in Year 3. If it happens, great, A’ight.

Reasonable expectations in year 3 will be flat or slightly below year 2. We graduate a lot in year two. The 2018 class will be RS sophomores and juniors in 2020. Figure Saban done in 2022 - that’s the year for Atlanta and the playoffs.

What we want and what we get as fans are two things that are going to take something that we have all run out of - patience. The move upward will not be a straight diagonal line. We will have additional tough losses, as well as some stolen wins.

I will be surprised if we don’t win the SEC East by 2022. To do so, we will have to take down the likes of Smart, Mullen & Muschamp. The other schools don’t scare me now that Pruitt’s directing the show.

A’ight?!!

BTW, Program referenced above is Wake Forest, with HC Dave Clawson. Right situation. Hope that Pruitt is in the right situation as well.

Patience, my pets!

A’ight?!!:eek:k:

VN Store

Back