Gusters to Baylor

Maybe mlindsey just caught Cardoso at bad times or when she was injured??? Not sure, but when I've seen her potential seemed off the charts to me. Probably the best I've seen in transition at that size. She looks super athletic to me. ESPN just moved her up to no. 5 in the class and the no. 1 post and Mike Flynn has her as the 2nd best prospect in the class. IMO, that is pretty accurate. She would be my number 1 post target by far.

She does have potential but I haven't seen a 10 to 15 foot jumper consistently from her (Didn't see that from T-Mac either) and I take the recruiting from ESPN with a grain of salt, it's all politics over there! Anybody with interest in UConn or expected to go to UConn almost always gets put in the top 5 to 10 and then they tend to drop in rankings when they do not select UConn or if they are low in the rankings and select UConn they seem to jump a lot of people.

Prime example the past couple of seasons Brunelle was Top Recruit for a while and she chose ND and slowly started falling (everyone suggested she was automatically going to UConn). Griffen started in like the 50's then moved up to the 30's and now she's at 21 and she tore her ACL her sophomore year and had an ankle injury most of her senior season (this year) yet her rankings increased? How is that even possible but other players miss time and drop significantly?

Last edited:
I wouldn't think that Cardoso would be interested in Tennessee with two 6'5" freshmen coming in hopefully I am wrong. Playing time is always key for recruits and Inside with the two big post a junior and a sophomore were in really good shape inside best we've looked in a while.

Reactions: mlindsay
Normally I agree with you but I’m not going the Jeff Waltz route of signing players that don’t fit into my system just so other teams can’t have them!

Having watched all 3 play in person I’d take Key and Saunders over Cardoso everyday! It’s easy to dominate at 6’6” when your team is loaded with All Americans at key positions (Massengil, Balogun, Hunt), she isn’t a stiff but she doesn’t have nearly the foot speed as what we brought in this year and imo she is more in the mold of the post that Geno prefers at the 5 (Lobo and Dolson type)

I would prefer her not to go to UConn but imo she isn’t a need! If there is a Post in the 2020 class that I have to have outside of Gusters I want is 6’4 Sakima Walker! She played with Jordan Horston at Africentric, she is currently ranked 54 and quickly rising and imo has more potential than Cardoso but again those are my thoughts
Jordan’s mom is working hard to get Sakima to Tennessee 🍊

Reactions: mlindsay

VN Store

Back