The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

If I didn't already have two 6721's, I'd be interested. Love me some Colt.

Speaking of which...it's going to be a 6933. I figure six months to save up the coin, and another six to get the ATF stamp. Talked to an ATF agent who was really helpful on the "how to" part. I can probably shave a couple of months off the turn-around time on the stamp, so I should be up and running on it within a year.

p.s. - If anyone wants to donate a Geissele or Larue trigger...maybe an Aimpoint PRO...Raptor handle...or a Surefire Scout to the cause, I promise you it will have a good, loving home...

:cool:

Speaking of which...it's going to be a 6933. I figure six months to save up the coin, and another six to get the ATF stamp. Talked to an ATF agent who was really helpful on the "how to" part. I can probably shave a couple of months off the turn-around time on the stamp, so I should be up and running on it within a year.

p.s. - If anyone wants to donate a Geissele or Larue trigger...maybe an Aimpoint PRO...Raptor handle...or a Surefire Scout to the cause, I promise you it will have a good, loving home...

The ATF just brought back Eform for ATF Form 1. This is the form you would file if you were to convert an existing lower into a short barrel rifle. I know people that have gotten their tax stamp in just over a month with the new procedure.

Child's play. Try True, Magnetic, Compass, conversion of one minute of longitude to yards at any latitude, degrees-minutes-tenths, degrees-minutes-seconds, knowing the 57 navigable stars (and how to find them), four planets, sun, moon, LAN, upper or lower limb, Latitude and Azimuth by Polaris, knowing that inverting a sextant makes it easier (bring the star down to the horizon, trust me), GMT, UTC, GHA, LHA, first point of Aries, and then trying to remember to check how much water you've got under your keel.

Groundpounders. If they didn't print directions on the MRE wrapper, you'd starve trying to get in.

Witch!!!!

Remember to put down all calibers you might want on the Form. Even if you have no plans for them.

The ATF just brought back Eform for ATF Form 1. This is the form you would file if you were to convert an existing lower into a short barrel rifle. I know people that have gotten their tax stamp in just over a month with the new procedure.

Remember to put down all calibers you might want on the Form. Even if you have no plans for them.

Appreciate the info. If..when...I'll go with the whole 6933. I can just get the upper and attach it, but that turns one of my 6721's into an "SBR For Life", regardless of what's up top. More expensive, but better to just get the whole package.

Just checked my GoFundMe account. Apparently, all of you are having trouble finding it. GV, it's time to sell one of those Sherman tanks you've got hidden in the barn and help a brother out...

Appreciate the info. If..when...I'll go with the whole 6933. I can just get the upper and attach it, but that turns one of my 6721's into an "SBR For Life", regardless of what's up top. More expensive, but better to just get the whole package.

Just checked my GoFundMe account. Apparently, all of you are having trouble finding it. GV, it's time to sell one of those Sherman tanks you've got hidden in the barn and help a brother out...

Just buy whatever lower you want separate from the upper. I didn't mean one of your current lowers. You'll cut many months off your wait.

Raise you a 600 Overkill.

On a (somewhat) serious note there is the 470 Rhino and 500 Phantom.

On another serious note, someone was saying the .450 Bushmaster suppressed nicely as well.

As thumpers go, it's a decent one.

On another serious note, someone was saying the .450 Bushmaster suppressed nicely as well.

As thumpers go, it's a decent one.

It makes sense. If one is going to run suppressed sub-sonic there's a hard wall at velocity. The only option available to up the ante is throw a larger chunk metal. Kinda like the black powder days. 4-bore elephant rifles could be throwing 2000 grain bullets.

sister is thinking about getting a Ruger Security 9 for home defense. Anyone have any thoughts/experience with it?

sister is thinking about getting a Ruger Security 9 for home defense. Anyone have any thoughts/experience with it?

Is price the overwhelming factor?

How much experience does she have with pistols?

Nothing wrong with the Ruger, just wondering what factors are in play here.

That would be awesome. Took me a year.

Is price the overwhelming factor?

How much experience does she have with pistols?

Nothing wrong with the Ruger, just wondering what factors are in play here.
She has no experience with any firearms. She wants an external safety, keep it around/under 500. She held about 15/20 and that was her favorite as far as how it fit her hand.

She has no experience with any firearms. She wants an external safety, keep it around/under 500. She held about 15/20 and that was her favorite as far as how it fit her hand.

I'd say shooting lessons first with a rental. Just because it "feels" right in the shop doesn't mean it feels the same when shooting.

Plenty of brands with changeable straps and whatnot. I would suggest the H&K VP9 for the fact it can be changed to fit nearly every hand.

I'd say shooting lessons first with a rental. Just because it "feels" right in the shop doesn't mean it feels the same when shooting.

Plenty of brands with changeable straps and whatnot. I would suggest the H&K VP9 for the fact it can be changed to fit nearly every hand.
yeah, the shop we visited didn't have any Rugers for rent. we are asking around at some other shops to see if anyone might have one to try.

and she is definitely going to take some classes.

Reactions: Grand Vol
yeah, the shop we visited didn't have any Rugers for rent. we are asking around at some other shops to see if anyone might have one to try.

and she is definitely going to take some classes.

Have her look at the VP9. It's a bit over the 500 range but very adaptable.

Reactions: SobeVol

VN Store

Back