Gun control debate (merged)

One is too many, which is why we need stricter gun laws that we actually enforce. If it results in one less death, then it is worth it IMO.
just take away their right to be innocent until proven guilty, if it saves one life then it is worth it. No right to face their accuser in trial, if it saves one life. Just take away their 4th amendment rights, if it saves one life.

Why doesnt the opposite apply? Why not arm people if it saves one life. Because the math is pretty simple between a disarmed population and an armed one. Mass murders only happen when one side is disarmed, like you are proposing.

If there are violent people , have always been violent people , always will be violent people intent on killing as many as possible … why on earth would any political party ( our leaders ) ask us to give up the tool we use to combat those people and rely on law enforcement? There’s zero logic to that .
No one (at least not me) is asking you to give up what you already have or your right to purchase and own a firearm.
I'm just trying to keep nukes and anti-aircraft weaponry out of the hands of the people who would use them for mass destruction.

Than why is there nukes or do the people with nukes not have a functioning brain? :confused:

The point being, the people that want to do bad... would rather nobody have guns to protect themselves. Just like the people with control over nukes, don't want you to have them. There is no real gun problem, there is a people problem. I haven't seen any of the nutjobs identify the problem let alone address it.
What person or people have nukes? Countries have nukes, and that is EXTENSIVELY regulated and controlled.......because it is rational and reasonable to do so.

Reactions: bnhunt
I would rather live free with the risks that come along with freedom than be subjugated and safe.
That's where we completely disagree. I would rather my kids be safe and have more restrictive gun laws. Easy tradeoff IMO.

just take away their right to be innocent until proven guilty, if it saves one life then it is worth it. No right to face their accuser in trial, if it saves one life. Just take away their 4th amendment rights, if it saves one life.

Why doesnt the opposite apply? Why not arm people if it saves one life. Because the math is pretty simple between a disarmed population and an armed one. Mass murders only happen when one side is disarmed, like you are proposing.
Apples to oranges comparison. And you actually think arming more people will create less gun violence? That seems completely counter-intuitive to me.

No one (at least not me) is asking you to give up what you already have or your right to purchase and own a firearm.
I'm just trying to keep nukes and anti-aircraft weaponry out of the hands of the people who would use them for mass destruction.

That’s some impressive tap dancing .

That's where we completely disagree. I would rather my kids be safe and have more restrictive gun laws. Easy tradeoff IMO.

Your kids are overwhelmingly in more danger from poisoning , overdoses and alcohol related deaths than firearms but you are will to trade off everyone’s rights for the lesser of those dangers . That’s some reasonable and rational left wing propaganda right there .

Well, I would say you are wrong...see thread.

As far as your comments in particular, you are by passing what I said and why I said it.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Apples to oranges comparison. And you actually think arming more people will create less gun violence? That seems completely counter-intuitive to me.

You still haven't identified the problem so if you can't do that, why would anyone care what your input is to potential solutions?

What is the actual problem? When we break down the information you provide, its very obvious its not saying what you want it to say.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
So guilty until proven innocent in your book. Thank God the FF didnt hold your beliefs.

What person or people have nukes? Countries have nukes, and that is EXTENSIVELY regulated and controlled.......because it is rational and reasonable to do so.
Its regulated and controlled by the people who have the nukes. And it makes sure those with the nukes keep them, and no one else gets them to threaten those with nukes.

And so far, it's only been our rational and reasonable country that has nuked someone else, and it was someone without nukes or even the threat of nukes that got hit, while the extremists are 0'fer. You can understand why countries not armed with nukes are leery of those who are armed with nukes.

That same nation that has nuked someone else is also the ones telling us to disarm from our guns. The same nation with a very long and active list of maltreating, to put it lightly, groups they have disarmed.

So guilty until proven innocent in your book. Thank God the FF didnt hold your beliefs.
The FF also only believed that landowners should have the right to vote, recognized no women's rights, and had no issue with slavery. You good with all those beliefs?

The FF also only believed that landowners should have the right to vote, recognized no women's rights, and had no issue with slavery. You good with all those beliefs?
don't lawyers have to swear an oath to support the USC? why did you do that if you hate it so much?

The FF gave us the levers to change the document whenever we wanted , to make it fit our needs . I’m perfectly pleased with their design and encourage anyone to use that power.

Last edited:

You have yet to show any evidence that more restrictive gun laws would keep your kids safe.

VN Store

Back