Gun control debate (merged)

Sure they do.
Then WTF is going on in Chicago? Why do several states with strict firearm laws have such a high rate of gun violence? How were there shootings at a music festival that prohibited guns? How are there so many incidents in "gun free zones?" Why does every gang member in every urban area possess illegal firearms?

just want to reiterate here that there haven't been any shootings at music midtown

Then WTF is going on in Chicago? Why do several states with strict firearm laws have such a high rate of gun violence? How were there shootings at a music festival that prohibited guns? How are there so many incidents in "gun free zones?" Why does every gang member in every urban area possess illegal firearms?

So law passed in 2014 is a problem now? Survived legal challenges, but was still law, in 2019? Was pushed to GA Supreme Court this year, but still law, and just now a problem? GTFO. This is their organizers bailing for political purposes not legal concerns. They held this event for years until now. I am sure it has nothing to do with being a major issue in the governors race.
No festival organizers are giving up tons of money and potentially their livelihoods for some politics

It is because they wouldn't be able to enforce their own no weapon rules, since they are merely renting out the public spaces. Most artists have contract riders containing no weapon policies.

If they're told they couldn't enforce it...and the artists and organizers want basic safety where tens of thousands are drinking and taking other substances...I don't see a real middle ground there.

Starting January 1st in Alabama everyone can carry without a permit. I bet it will be safer there than Chicago. Even if you are a criminal with bad intentions it will give a moment of pause knowing anybody on the street can potentially stop you.

The gun haters can feel free to bump this in a couple of years to look at the stats but I doubt they will because it won't fit the narrative they want.

Atlanta Concert cancelled because guns are bad.
Vegas concert mass shooting because guns are bad.
Law abiding citizens exercising their rights...well, guns are bad.
Criminals using guns because guns are bad.
People defending themselves...well again, guns are bad.
People shot where guns are prohibited because guns are bad.

I know there's a pattern here. I just can't put my finger on it.

Because the current gun laws make it ridiculously easy to buy guns in one state and sell them in another.
Just give me your ball park extimate.
What percentage of guns in circulation today were initially purchased legally?
What percentage of guns in Chicago today were initially purchased legally?

Because the current gun laws make it ridiculously easy to buy guns in one state and sell them in another.
Just give me your ball park extimate.
What percentage of guns in circulation today were initially purchased legally?
What percentage of guns in Chicago today were initially purchased legally?
No idea, nor would it matter. You think "initial gun sales" are the big issue? 400,000,000++ already existing guns aren't enough for bad guys to get their hands on whatever they want?

No idea, nor would it matter. You think "initial gun sales" are the big issue? 400,000,000++ already existing guns aren't enough for bad guys to get their hands on whatever they want?
Plus whatever the government gives them. Funny how that never gets brought up...

VN Store

Back