Gun control debate (merged)

Oh, that what you said? Alrighty then. Just the same, it doesn't prevent people from purchasing them. Which is how I interpreted your comment, given the original context of our discourse. As exhibited in message # 29,788 ) mine), and 29.789 (yours). This smells like redirecting to discredit, a typical rightist tactic in this forum. That's OK, it's what I expect now, and it remains amusing.

You want to limit access, correct? How do you propose to do that when from your own links the guns are stolen?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
You want to limit access, correct? How do you propose to do that when from your own links the guns are stolen?
Those are your words, not mine. My words were to hell with all this tit-for-tat gun control thing. Just give everybody a gun and let all fly. Your retort was it's harder to legally buy a gun. My re-retort was guns are very widely available and then showed you one of the reasons why. Personally, I no longer care because humans are too stupid to live in harmony. We practically insist on destroying and being self-destructive. If the world was one color, one language, one culture, one religion, humans would still find an excuse to hate and kill each other. Might as well get the business over and done with. The earth would be better off.

I recall two guys, both inventors. One told the other if you want to make money, invent a means for Europeans to slaughter each other with greater competency. So he came up with a machine gun with very high firing rate. Got rich from it too because his friend was right. That's just an example, you can see the same type of thing worldwide, let us, get them. Stupid creatures, blast away.

I once bought a gun from the sears catalog. They sent it in the mail. It was a 20 gauge shotgun and I was 12 years old.

It’s most definitely harder to buy a gun now.
Just stop with the stupidity
It was mostly before my time, but you used to be able to purchase an AR-15 from the Sears Catalog.

I am an absolute killer at 300 yards with a k31 Swiss straight pull.

I can put more rounds on target with that bolt action rifle than I can with any other 30 round magazine fed gun I own.
I promise the k31 Swiss is on nobody’s ban list.
Funny you bring that gun up. True story:

I refinished a mil-surp K31 a couple of years ago, looks great. Took it to the range once reassembled with my son. We went to 50y and I sent the first round away with my son as spotter. I asked if I even hit the cardboard, and he passed me the scope. I was 3 o'clock inside the center bull.

I had heard about their accuracy, but I found it awesome that after 80 years (Feb '42) and no adjustment, that thing is still a track driver. Big ass 7.5 round, too. Makes a 5.56 look like a .22.

The Swiss are pretty great at guns and watches. Oh, and cheese.

Fact is, guns are easier to come by than people want to admit. And the claim that it is just a few loopholes here and there is a lying fantasy. Black market sells, stealing, including from the military, legacy gifts, whether from a relative dying, or outright handing over. Two of mine, for example, are WWII military pistols bestowed to me by an aged uncle who served. No, got no idea if he bought them, or pocketed them and walked off base after being discharged back then. Point is, the things are everywhere, and if you really want one, you'll find them. Or in some case, just take them. I got a gun, you got a gun, darn nigh everybody's got one. So it's bang, bang, bang. Might as well have fun, eh?

Fact is, guns are easier to come by than people want to admit. And the claim that it is just a few loopholes here and there is a lying fantasy. Black market sells, stealing, including from the military, legacy gifts, whether from a relative dying, or outright handing over.
1000009032.jpg
Here's you a good start

I understand that point of view, but I don't really have a problem with "do somethin else."
What's the harm? Is there something that you currently cannot purchase that is just really bumming you out and harming your quality of life?
And the other big part of my position is the reduction in the number of new guns being added.
What’s the harm with “do something else”?

In our hypothetical scenario we’ve removed the subset of guns known as Assault Weapons (we can use the ‘94 definition + any and all AR style platforms for simplicity) - and we’ve seen no discernible improvement in gun crime.

What would be the “do something next” that would then follow?

Fact is, guns are easier to come by than people want to admit. And the claim that it is just a few loopholes here and there is a lying fantasy. Black market sells, stealing, including from the military, legacy gifts, whether from a relative dying, or outright handing over. Two of mine, for example, are WWII military pistols bestowed to me by an aged uncle who served. No, got no idea if he bought them, or pocketed them and walked off base after being discharged back then. Point is, the things are everywhere, and if you really want one, you'll find them. Or in some case, just take them. I got a gun, you got a gun, darn nigh everybody's got one. So it's bang, bang, bang. Might as well have fun, eh?

If only we could pass a law that would keep people from doing illegal shizz.

View attachment 627428
Here's you a good start
Good start for what? I was talking gun accessibility in the USA. Shocking as it might be to you, Afghanistan i not the USA. Our effort to colonize them failed. We had no freaking business over there from the get go. The USA is ALWAYS sticking its nose in other people's business, getting sucked into winless wars, and making an ass of ourselves. Cuba, Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Ukraine, and many other lesser known operations in South America and Africa. So bub, what's your point? How is it a good start for gun accessibility in the USA? Oh yeah, one more thing, It was a Republican named George W, Bush who dragged our azzes into Afghanistan, is that a start for you?

What’s the harm with “do something else”?

In our hypothetical scenario we’ve removed the subset of guns known as Assault Weapons (we can use the ‘94 definition + any and all AR style platforms for simplicity) - and we’ve seen no discernible improvement in gun crime.

What would be the “do something next” that would then follow?
So under the scenario that there was no discernible improvement, the do something next would be to look at how guns were ending up in the hands of criminals and address those issues.

Reactions: Pennheel

VN Store

Back