Guest Picker for Gameday

How ya gonna judge something you dont listen to?
If it’s anything close to the rest of the junk that’s passing for “country” music these days, I don’t have to. Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Florida Georgia Line etc. All colossal wastes of time. If it ain’t Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, George Strait type music, it ain’t country and I ain’t interested. They won’t put Sturgill Simpson on the radio and that’s pretty much all I need to know.

Has it ever not been 💩? lol
Depends on what you like I guess. I like the old rock too. Led Zeppelin, Little Feat, Rush, AC/DC etc. I just have a big issue with the commercial bubble gum pop that they call “country music” these days. I was spoiled growing up in the golden age of country I guess and it ain’t ever coming back. Thank God for XM Radio and I-Pods.

Reactions: Alto1
It’s Steve Spurrier. But why?
You’ve got to be kidding. Surely not. If so, that would be another reason to whip that tail by 30. I hope the Vols are frothing at the mouth when they take the field Saturday. Rabid dogs looking for meat.

You’ve got to be kidding. Surely not. If so, that would be another reason to whip that tail by 30. I hope the Vols are frothing at the mouth when they take the field Saturday. Rabid dogs looking for meat.
No joke

My wife said she read it. Now I’m doubting if that is accurate. I’m hoping not.

If it’s anything close to the rest of the junk that’s passing for “country” music these days, I don’t have to. Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Florida Georgia Line etc. All colossal wastes of time. If it ain’t Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, George Strait type music, it ain’t country and I ain’t interested. They won’t put Sturgill Simpson on the radio and that’s pretty much all I need to know.

As a fan of the same ones you enjoy i understand. But every once in a while a new act will release something good.

With regard to Sturgill; he got pretty full of himself and his music suffered IMO. When he busked outside the awards show to draw attention to himself seemed desperate. I did enjoy everything he did for a while. If you're a fan of his check out his appearance on the Tiny Desk series a few years ago. He was at his best then IMO.

Reactions: Delmar

VN Store

Back