Guess which non-play-off bowl was #2 in attendance?

To everyone saying that UT should turn down bowl invitations because of some crappy refs, you obviously don't understand how the real game is played.

"The Music City Bowl's financial payout for participating teams is $6.2 million."

Music City Bowl 2021: Tennessee football vs. Purdue: 5 things to know
You realize Tennessee doesn't actually get that money, right? It goes into a "pot" and the conference divides it up, hell, even Vanderbilt gets a cut of that money.

Danny white should refuse to go back until the MCB can guarantee honest refs.

This is RIDICULOUS!! How could the MCB make any such quarantine? There's no way. Does the bowl even have a say? I think/thought the refs were 'assigned by the conference they represent. (could be wrong, likely am)

Won't be invited back

Know why?

Because we'll be too good 😎
supernatural-dean.gif

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
You realize Tennessee doesn't actually get that money, right? It goes into a "pot" and the conference divides it up, hell, even Vanderbilt gets a cut of that money.

Yes, and more money in the pot means more money for the SEC, which means more money for UT. And, that's why I want every SEC team in a bowl game.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
It would be up to the fans as to whether UT would ever attend that crappy bowl. If the fans state ahead of time before the selection process that they would boycott, or not attend, then UT and the bowl would probably have to make alternative decisions. I personally will never attend another MCB and will be quite vocal if we are chosen again.

Scott Ramsey and the Nashville Sports Council will declare its because of the great attraction of Nashville to tourists but the real reason is, was and always will be Big Orange Nation! Congrats to all of you who attended.

Pass along to him from me that he runs a crap bowl. Nothing at all against him and making money. Officiating aside, this was probably the worst job of traffic management and crowd control I’ve ever seen at a college football stadium —oops…major sporting venue. As we and the other 69,000 were being herded along in serpentine fashion all around the stadium trying to find our seats, the reality became obvious to us: traffic management and crowd control had been turned over to drunk, frat-boy Vandy engineering students. This is the only explanation that made sense.

And the end-zone logos…anybody see the absolutely shoddy job those blind Vandy art students they hired did with those? What an embarrassment. Totally unprofessional. I guess between traffic management, crowd control, and end-zone art, the MCB exhausted its $1000 game-day operating budget. It showed.

The facility was nice enough—it’s Nissan Stadium. But the MCB itself? Mickey Mouse low-brow. A joke. Nashville is much better than that crap.

The NCAA assigns the referees. The Titans did a poor job with their field this year, so went with the light paint. No one wants to work in a pandemic. With that said, Scott only wants the Vols once a decade. It badly hurts the hotel and restaurant industry.

Hopefully, next year, they will be rolling out the red carpet for us in New Orleans.

The NCAA assigns the referees. The Titans did a poor job with their field this year, so went with the light paint. No one wants to work in a pandemic. With that said, Scott only wants the Vols once a decade. It badly hurts the hotel and restaurant industry. Hopefully, next year, they will be rolling out the red carpet for us in New Orleans.

And maybe, just maybe, using NFL or even CFL referees. Or maybe even zebras of Lyran extraction with Klingon line judges.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
For once, the weather for the MCB turned out pretty good. The stink from the officiating will never wash off. If I am going to put that much money into a bowl visit a) the weather is going to have to be marvelous or indoors, b) the venue city is going to have something different than I have visited regularly i.e. New Orleans vs Nashville, and c) we are going to have to be able to beat the refs/lousy officiating and field a defense that doesn't look like the Keystone Cops on most occasions. Sorry if that dumps on some athletes who were giving there all but, the stats from the defense after that game where horrible, especially the long Purdue pass completions/quick scores. Ready to move on to basketball but, the Alabama loss was so disappointing. Maybe baseball/softball will wash my blues away. Wish college baseball had bowl games in great places.

Hopefully not if: Referee: Jerry Magallanes Umpire: Don Kahler Linesman: Kip Johnson Line Judge: Tom Laverty Back Judge: Rob Lucklan Field Judge: George Liotus Side Judge: Brian Perry Center Judge: Allen Andrick are hired to officiate the game.
Aww come on!!! Maybe next time they will have their money on UT.

The Duke Mayo attendance is total bs, there were not 35k there upper deck totally empty, endzones mostly and sidelines maybe 70%.

To everyone saying that UT should turn down bowl invitations because of some crappy refs, you obviously don't understand how the real game is played.

"The Music City Bowl's financial payout for participating teams is $6.2 million."

Music City Bowl 2021: Tennessee football vs. Purdue: 5 things to know

A few things:
1. This is why other bowls still exist. It was a topic on another thread, and they wouldn't exist if money wasn't being paid to the schools/conferences.
2. The SEC helps slot these group of 6 bowls that the conference is tied into. UT can very well tell the conference that they aren't going back for a while depending on success.
3. The school gets roughly 1.5 or maybe 2 of that payout for expenses. The rest goes to the conference pot to be split at the end of the year.

VN Store

Back