GT dismisses RB

survivor1.gif

Haha! So the two women are our ego (right) and super-ego (left), and the dude in back is the id. :)

[Only psychologists and others who were forced to study the now-discredited Sigmund Freud will get this]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'm not TechFan1, but here's my 2 cents.

Clinton Lynch is a stud. He's our big play threat.

He plays in the A Back position AKA Slot back on the wing.

Really the defense determines who gets the ball in the option offense. So if the defense is loading the box to stop the dive then you will see the A Backs start to get more touches. Yes, he's an everydown back.

We have a good A Back core in Qua Searcy, Clinton Lynch, JJ Green and Nathan Cottrell.

He's now our leading returning rusher and receiver.

The bad news is that Lynch has practiced in over a week. Hopefully just precaution.

Here's some film of him (music is NSFW)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iG-YlWY5e7o

Thanks! :hi:

I hadn't seen Lynch play, but his numbers are impressive. Hopefully our defensive scheme limits his touches.

He's doing well. Has had a excellent camp. He's second string A Back. We play 2 A Backs at a time and he's the 4the one right now. He will get playing time Vs Tennessee.

Good glad he's going good. How about the big DT from Brentwood Academy. How's he doing?

When a 3 star is your "best" player you are having to coach 'em up because you're recruiting less than the Boise State level and getting it done with smoke and mirrors.

Lol that 3 star was better than some of yalls 4 and 5 stars......

:bad:

did not finish statement... should end "for us". It's never good to see a player dismissed or suspended.:bad:

good. And probably good for all their underclassmen and program to learn nobody is immune to repurcussions.
I'm new here posting but like to finish my own sentences. Teachers always told me I was a strong and instinctive with .'s

I don't think I watched a Tech game last year. Can you tell me about Clinton Lynch? He has great numbers. Why didn't he get more touches last year? And with this dismissal, will he see an increased load? Is he an every down back? TY

I'll field the bolded question. It has to do with his position.

BB is basically a tailback, will stay on the field for an entire drive, typically. We only typically carry 4 or 5 WRs on the roster, and field two at a time, and usually aren't deep, so they stay on the field the whole drive. We're usually deep at A back, which is the two slot backs, and we shuttle in plays with them to prevent signal stealing. So we usually go 3 deep there, maybe 4, and they rotate in and out. Lynch is our best A back, but the top 3 are all pretty good, so they play about equal snaps. Means Lynch is only on the field two thirds of the time as compared to the other skill positions.

The second reason, is that there aren't that many plays on offense where we call the ball to a particular player. If we do, it's to a BB or QB. The only play that is called to an A back is the rocket toss, which is like a very fast jet sweep. The rocket is a play that is guaranteed to get 8 yards if the defense aligns a certain way, but typically isn't a true big gainer unless someone breaks a tackle, because of numbers. The real big gainers in the run game are options, because they eat up another defender and if we get them blocked right, they're TDs from anywhere on the field.

So our A backs in general don't get close to 1000 yards rushing, but they very commonly average over ten yards per touch. The reason is they're only touching the ball when it's good for them to be touching it. If they would get tackled, they don't have the ball. At least when things are working. If a play is covered up completely and all options are shut down, the QB eats the loss, not the AB, so the AB's numbers aren't drug down by mediocre plays.

All that said, Lynch is one of the most explosive A backs we've ever seen at Tech. He's very good.

Stars are kind of a joke to GT fans, because a lot of recruiting services have guys at 4 or 5 stars, and then take a star away if they commit to Tech. Its funny.

Regardless, Mills was first team preseason all-ACC. Once you have a resume, stars mean nothing.

Day drinking is fun.

It's the truth though..... also like another poster said stars aren't everything. Some are right and some are wrong. But we have had kids commit to us and then drop a start and down the ranking. This happens during the summer when kids aren't even playing games, so what are the experts reviewing? TK is a DT we had commit, too 250 player and a 4 start. After committing he almost instantly dropped out of 300 and lost a star.

VN Store

Back