Greatest Plays in Tennessee Football History

I forgot about Hawkeyes - it was a block or two off Cumberland if I remember. I'm assuming it's gone too.

Hawkeyes is gone, but i think it's now been reopened as something else? dunno, it's been a while since i've been over, so a lot more has probably changed since my last visit.....

Not on the strip, but speaking of old places with character, my favorite dirty/Friday night/cheap beer/get primed for Saturday game place is Toddy's Back Porch.

Toddy's.......brings back memories........go downstairs, buy a bottle, go back upstairs, buy mixers......play horse shoes, go home, throw up.............good times

Wrong. Tony Thompson ran all over Miss State that day. Cobb's coming out was against Iowa in the Kickoff Classic in 1987

:eek:lol:nah buddy, cobb had a good day in 87, thompson went for over 200 yds in starkville in 90. some three years later. that was the game after webb tore his knee up.

What about Chuck Coleman's run in the second of the 82 Bama game to take the lead I believe?

And Hubert Simpson's 4tds against ND in 79

Well, then, tell me about it. Don't want to be sad.
It was right across Kingston Pike from Toddy's. An absolute dive. The bartendress had the best set of breasts in Knoxville. Bad black velvet paintings on the wall. It was drinking heaven.

It was right across Kingston Pike from Toddy's. An absolute dive. The bartendress had the best set of breasts in Knoxville. Bad black velvet paintings on the wall. It was drinking heaven.

You win some, you lose some. Maybe I was too young. Sounds like a winner though.

:salute: Great place to go! Although, when Barry is at Toddy's I do like my $5 tab at the end of the night.

VN Store

Back