Great season, but Vols not getting to Omaha…

was a choke job of epic proportions. TN was 4-0 vs two teams in the finals.

Some of you may disagree, but I bet CTV and ball players privately agree with me. A great opportunity lost.
They would publicly agree with you. The disappointment is not debatable. Basketball and baseball mirrored each other (this season). Both had stellar seasons with subpar post season play. Congratulations to Ole Miss, they prevailed and deserve the crown.

57-9 - SEC Regular Season Champs , SEC Championship. Got Beat in the Supers.... I really don't get this post.... Many still say that this team is the Best College Team to ever see the Field... I Tend to agree with them.... We Got beat , Yes TV, The Staff and The Players all wanted to win the National Title... this team was special and will be my one of if not my favorite's of all time. This team doesn't deserve some of the comments of a Choke job or Someone trying to find flaws.... they Got beat. It was a team effort all year long. We came up short but can't anyone say that this Team wasn't the Best in College Baseball... Just look at the total overall winning percentage... Everyone has an opinion and i won't argue about it but it's pretty simple when you know how the game of Baseball works. Everyone knows that the Best team in College Baseball didn't make it to Omaha because they got beat 2 of 3 games...Congrats to Ol Miss on a Championship. Go Vols!!!

They would publicly agree with you. The disappointment is not debatable. Basketball and baseball mirrored each other (this season). Both had stellar seasons with subpar post season play. Congratulations to Ole Miss, they prevailed and deserve the crown.
Highly doubt the team would say they choked. They would just say they lost and didn’t get it done. They gave a lot of credit to Notre Dame after the defeat.

To sorta put things in perspective…mid season… very vocal Rebel fans were calling to fire their head coach. Surely those morons feel like…well…morons today. Let’s please don’t ever do that to CTV…it’s beyond embarrassing!
Yeah-that over-privileged fan base better pucker up and kiss Bianco’s you know what. A hefty contract would be a nice start.

For those that want to point to “consistent hitting”, the lowest BA out of the everyday starters was .269. Everyone else was at least .289+. Out of the 11 guys that started 20+ games, 8 of them batted over .300 and Beck was 2 points away from getting there, while several were batting .320+. Some people want to pretend they actually know baseball, but in reality they are just football fans posing as baseball fans.

To sorta put things in perspective…mid season… very vocal Rebel fans were calling to fire their head coach. Surely those morons feel like…well…morons today. Let’s please don’t ever do that to CTV…it’s beyond embarrassing!

Those Rebel fans are doing a mea culpa today.

While it would be beyond embarrassing, unfortunately, I think there would be a portion of our fanbase that would react a similar way. Every fanbase has them. There were MSU fans calling for Lemonis during their season. Similarly, there were Kentucky and South Carolina fans also calling to fire their respective head coaches. A segment of our fanbase (particularly those use to football) will always have a knee jerk reaction in the worst way.

Highly doubt the team would say they choked. They would just say they lost and didn’t get it done. They gave a lot of credit to Notre Dame after the defeat.
They know they choked. Let’s not lessen the obvious. Regardless, I an super proud of the team and their other accomplishments. It doesn’t take away their record or SEC tournament hardware.

Got us to the conference cahmpionship game and beyond.

So, in. your view, 57 & 9, SEC champs, regional winner, super regional hosts, etc means nothing if you don't get to the national tournament championship game?
Quite obviously not. Some on this board, no matter the sport, are simply incomprehensible.

VN Store

Back