Great KNS story off of the Mill & Mine reception

lvocd

Kellie Harper: Life slowing down for Lady Vols basketball coach after frantic start

Excerpt:
“As a staff, we try to be process driven,” Harper said. “At the end of the day, if you have done everything you do to be the best you can be that day, that is good enough. You can’t do better than that. So be the best you can be that day. That is going to add up. At the end of the year, we want to be the best team we can possibly be. If we are that, that is going to be pretty good. That is our goal.

“Can we get there? I think we can. I have hopes that we can. It is every challenging. It is exciting. It is really exciting. Our goal is to be the best basketball team we can possibly be.”

My suggested edits to your excerpts:

"At the end of the day, after you have done everything you can think of to be the best you can be for that day - then each of us needs to find one more thing to do to improve that day. Because, I guarantee you, it's there. You just need to find it."

"Can we get there? Of course we can. Anyone on our staff or team that doesn't believe that needs to go join another program. Our goal is to be the best basketball team in the country and restore the Lady Vol brand as the premier women's college basketball program."

Kellie Harper: Life slowing down for Lady Vols basketball coach after frantic start

Excerpt:
“As a staff, we try to be process driven,” Harper said. “At the end of the day, if you have done everything you do to be the best you can be that day, that is good enough. You can’t do better than that. So be the best you can be that day. That is going to add up. At the end of the year, we want to be the best team we can possibly be. If we are that, that is going to be pretty good. That is our goal.

“Can we get there? I think we can. I have hopes that we can. It is every challenging. It is exciting. It is really exciting. Our goal is to be the best basketball team we can possibly be.”

Sounds like a well versed head coach. Or a politician.
After posting and reading need to add......
Kellie not only sounds like Pat, but seeing what seem to unposed pictures of her, she even has the intense look Pat usually presented. (like the word "unposed", it's new:rolleyes:) As to my original statement, I meant nothing derogatory.

Last edited:
Reactions: RollerVol
Sounds like a well versed head coach. Or a politician.
After posting and reading need to add......
Kellie not only sounds like Pat, but seeing what seem to unposed pictures of her, she even has the intense look Pat usually presented. (like the word "unposed", it's new:rolleyes:) As to my original statement, I meant nothing derogatory.

I'm impressed by how Kellie can command a room. She seemed a tad shy back when she was in college, and may still not be completely comfortable in the spotlight, but you'd never know it by how well she is handling all this attention and questioning. She thinks well on her feet and clearly communicates her thoughts, and these qualities are exactly the things the Lady Vols need right now.

VN Store

Back