Great Bo Ryan story

MikeHamiltonFan

Doubt the Badgers? Not with what I know about Bo - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com

I do not think that anyone would accuse Bruce Pearl of making his name off recruiting (it would be idiotic since he spent so much time in the wilderness post Deon taping) but I do think this points to the problem many have with Bruce.

Teaching halfcourt offense and defense has never been his strength. His strength has been in teaching full court press defense with quick guards and dictating a tempo that causes turnovers and creates high percentage shots.

The question in many minds is if Bruce will ever have enough talent to actually press the way his best teams have done at UWM and UT once he gets deep in the NCAAs, or if he needs to recognize that he has to have another approach available when he faces a team with a good-great backcourt.

It will be interesting to see how we play against Kansas and UK for just that reason, we cannot press them and turn them over like crazy.

Anyway it was a great flattering article on Bo Ryan and it did make me wish that more coaches were wanting to be shapers of men and teachers instead of flashy millionaires who are good at handling egos and sending guys to the NBA.

VN Store

Back