Great article by Wes

Best article I've read from Rucker in a long time, I don't dislike him I actually went to school at UT with him. This article accurately sums us up well. We aren't there yet but we are starting to see the effort and fight to change in that direction.

Best line: I don’t know if Jeremy Pruitt will make Tennessee look like Tennessee again, but he’s at least managed to make Tennessee stop looking like Vanderbilt.

I like that. I think this is pretty good too because it is better than some say it is, but its not as good as others say either....

It took Tennessee football a lot longer than one year to put itself into the mess it was in when Pruitt took the job, and it was going to take a lot longer than one year to start putting it back together. Don’t read that only as “putting it back together,” but “start putting it back together.” This thing isn’t put back together yet. It’s just finally starting to get put back together. There’s a difference. A big difference.

Good read. Just...I read similar articles (maybe even from Wes) during Butch's time @tennessee maybe in '16?

I even remember some similar language being used for Dooley in '12.

This article at least partially sums up my feelings about Pruitt. I like his honesty. He's genuine, and it shows. He seems to wear his emotions on his sleeve. If he's bored (like when doing the Jeremy Pruitt Show) - you know it. If he's mad (like at the refs against SC) - you know it. If he's happy (like when he's talking about his family) - you know it. There doesn't seem to be any pretending with him and I think it is a VERY refreshing change to our recent coaching history.

I was never comfortable with Jones - he always seemed too much like a used car salesman to me. I wasn't born yesterday, and almost everything he said seemed to me to be manufactured and practiced, instead of coming across as being even remotely genuine. Pruitt's demeanor may put some people off, but I don't mind it. He knows this job is tough, and he knows what he signed up to do. You have to first be honest with yourself, and I believe that he believes he can do it. I believe he can, too.

This team has really helped me get excited about UT football again. I am looking forward to the games, and I know these players are giving everything they have for Tennessee, their coaches, each other, and the fans. And I am seeing the fan base coming together to support these guys as well. Don’t know if we e really had this environment in a while. Just feels different than the past...and that is exciting.

I love this team, what they have overcome, and how they have changed the trajectory of UT football.

I've noticed that nearly 100% of recruits in their interviews, they say "Coach Pruitt keeps it real with you. He don't sugarcoat nothing. He's gonna tell you the truth."

That goes miles in my book. And in theirs.

The world does nobody any favors. And neither does anyone by lying, sugarcoating, or pumping these young men's egos up so much to where they don't expect to earn anything by hard work or perseverance.

I love that he is preparing young men to come in, work hard, focus every single day at getting better one rep at a time. Not to focus on what is coming down the road, or what could happen. But beating your man on one play. Executing perfectly on one play. And then moving on. And the results come.

Pruitt is our man. Definitely.

“Best” means positive I take it. The team is actually showing signs of improvement for the first time in a long while so he was able to write about it.

Don’t be the type fans that can’t handle honest criticism of your team. What did you want any Vols reporter to write about the last few years? There weren’t any positives.

Reactions: Evergrenevol
I’ll take the heat. But generally people’s like or dislike for a beat writer on here is directly proportional to how favorable the article is towards the program. If you’re not like that, good for you.

I like Wes too. He's never boring. His articles are dramatic, so I get he's not for everybody, but I think he has a unique perspective. That being said, I hate it when he's doing a video with other people and talks over them all lol. In article form, though, I like him

Just read this. Gives you a lot of hope and optimism for the future.

Rucker: Honesty, accountability have returned at Tennessee
I've never been a Wes Rucker fan, and not just because it's a positive article, but it appears that he, too, has matured some and come a long way. I thought his article was excellent and the way he described the program was very good. I hope his future articles have the same level of competence.

Reactions: Evergrenevol

VN Store

Back