Great analysis from SI

Actually, every single story on that I have ever heard had Cut and Fulmer as equally important in the process, with Archie being very impressed with Cut.
Where’d you read the stories?

Its been mentIoned once, but that article screwed up badly by assuming that HB has beaten out the other 2 QBs. Maurer will still have 3 years of eligibility left after this season to JBs 4 years left...and you can bet your butt that BM has not conceded the number 2 spot willingly.

BM also has productive playing time including TDs against SEC teams under his belt...did well against UGA etc...and HB has none.

Let me be clear: I don't care who plays QB as long as it isnt JGs raggedy butt...just pointing out that even if HB is a future NFL passer, he had zero spring and almost zero fall to earn any playing time. HB will get more snaps in the next 2 weeks of practice than he had all of the week? That he was actually in fall camp....we are far more likely to see BM than HB at this point IMO.

If Pruitt keeps JG at QB1 despite all the evidence then he deserves what comes from it. Hope he isn't that dumb

Keyton made a couple huge plays last year as a freshman. 41 yard HUGE catch against Ms St, we dont win the game without that catch. He had a 40+ yarder in the bowl game as well. His head isnt on straight, but he has ability. Tillman is still raw, but he could be around another 4 years. He'll be a grown man & can be much more polished by then. Hes seen most of his snaps this year in blocking situations like Tyler Byrd last year.
If all we use Tillman for is blocking I would rather use an extra OL or TE.

Reactions: Devo182
I recall David Cutcliffe, in our glory years when he was our OC, publicly stating more than once that his job as OC was to give the team 30 points every game. That was the goal. Even when he failed to do that, 30 points was always the goal.

When you read this piece from SI, harken back to a few weeks ago when Pruitt stated publicly that “we’re not going to play in fear and we’re not going to coach in fear.” He was talking about going for it on fourth down.

It can’t be controversial for a fan to be an oracle of the obvious: we need to see a new offense at Arkansas, one that isn’t scared. Throw in as many freshmen as we can, take risks, be entirely unpredictable, build depth, and have some fun playing this fun game. Tee, either you or somebody needs to show our receivers how to separate, how to get open. Open the game up and stop playing afraid. Coach Chaney, please do what we hired you to do: move the chains, score points and win games. Win the important arguments with Pruitt. Don’t play scared. Play fearlessly.

Oh, we’ll make mistakes and turn the ball over alright. But we will win some games.

We’ll get slapped, but we’ll get kissed, too.

Bye Week, Upcoming Decisions Will Prove to be Pivotal for Jeremy Pruitt, Vols

S&C.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter when our defense is THIS bad. Offense must have been demoralized with our 1-ply defense just handing away points. They easily would have put up 60+ on us with our 1s and Waddle in all game.

Give us 28 points in the 4th quarter like last year and yeah we could have had a chance.

Same as uga...gave up 300 yards and 17 pts in ONE half. Just not going to win games giving up 34+ a game.

Which his ability and success attracted. But for Cut, Peyton would have been a Black Bear Landshark Rebel, or whatever the hell they are calling themselves these days.

See how that works? Coach smart, develop talent, and the wins and talent will come. The wins and talent attract more talent hence more wins........

Coach like your truly ARE Slingblade, and watch that cycle come crashing down all around you. You know. Like now.

Great comments. Incompetency will keep talent away from you. A kid like Trevor Lawrence could be playing here. But he talked to our coaches (and others) and made the best decision for himself. Who will the next Trevor Lawrence be? Whomever it is...he’s not walking into this shiz show. You have to be a well coached team to get good players.

Cut and Peyton didn’t have a relationship until he was already here. He came to UT because Fulmer sold it and he wanted to do his own thing. They were winning with Shuler as a lead in but Cut was really only one season on the job as an OC.
Wrong, he came because of Cut.

Link...or videotape? Otherwise I suppose you are.
I can’t quote chapter and verse. It was shortly after he signed with us Archie was in Memphis and a local station interviewed him. He said Peyton made his decision because he was excited to learn from and play under coach Cut.

I can’t quote chapter and verse. It was shortly after he signed with us Archie was in Memphis and a local station interviewed him. He said Peyton made his decision because he was excited to learn from and play under coach Cut.
I know that his visit put us in first and that the home visit with Fulmer, Cut and Sanders solidified that lead. But it was always cited in Peyton’s interviews concerning his recruitment that it was Fulmer AND Cut AND the whole experience at UT that sold him on UT. Therefore a random radio interview is never going to sway me that he came to UT for Cut. That’s been his coach and mentor since but not before.

I know that his visit put us in first and that the home visit with Fulmer, Cut and Sanders solidified that lead. But it was always cited in Peyton’s interviews concerning his recruitment that it was Fulmer AND Cut AND the whole experience at UT that sold him on UT. Therefore a random radio interview is never going to sway me that he came to UT for Cut. That’s been his coach and mentor since but not before.
Say whatever you want but Cut was the main reason Peyton became a vol. Thats my story and I’m sticking to it.

He's at best an FCS QB.

Can't fault him though. He's given his all for Tennessee
I have seen many FCS QB's that are better.

But the best JG we have seen is when he has come off the bench!

For all we know there's a better FCS quarterback at Rhode Island by the name of Kasim Hill!

Its been mentIoned once, but that article screwed up badly by assuming that HB has beaten out the other 2 QBs. Maurer will still have 3 years of eligibility left after this season to JBs 4 years left...and you can bet your butt that BM has not conceded the number 2 spot willingly.

BM also has productive playing time including TDs against SEC teams under his belt...did well against UGA etc...and HB has none.

Let me be clear: I don't care who plays QB as long as it isnt JGs raggedy butt...just pointing out that even if HB is a future NFL passer, he had zero spring and almost zero fall to earn any playing time. HB will get more snaps in the next 2 weeks of practice than he had all of the week? That he was actually in fall camp....we are far more likely to see BM than HB at this point IMO.

If Pruitt keeps JG at QB1 despite all the evidence then he deserves what comes from it. Hope he isn't that dumb
I am afraid that JP is that dumb.

I know every situation is different, but I am not convinced HB is a year away from taking the reigns. LSU had ONE QB who had ever taken a college snap. When he went down with injury, they got a true freshman ready in two weeks (week off, just like us) who torched SC for 38 pts.
LSU plays to win. We play scared.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Everyone talks about the issues with JG while glazing over the fact that our TE play has been nonexistent. Their Blocking is atrocious, especially Warren.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back