Grant Williams

Grant brings more than basketball skills. He'd fit right in with those great celtic "teams" that featured Bird, Ainge, McHale, Chief. I really think they took him as much for his locker room presence as his basketball skills. In the NBA, it's turned into an "individual" sport. You win with a team first/last/always mentality. Grant brings that. It's akin to what Pruitt is working toward with his recruiting. You have to change the mentality and locker room. Grant is a foundational piece. He's going to be a guy that the fans love. Might not make the HOF, but he'll have a solid and lengthy NBA career I suspect.

Reactions: BigDave and VOLED
This is hard to say as a Lakers fan but the Celtics have the best Summer League team by far. They had a great draft ending up with Grant, Edwards, Waters and Tacko. I was hoping Grant got drafted higher but he fell into the perfect situation with Horford leaving.

On a side note, Grayson Allen needs to be kicked out of the NBA. There’s no place for a petulant child on the court. Did they not see him doing this stuff in college? Grant was about to rip into him after that second swipe at his head.

This is hard to say as a Lakers fan but the Celtics have the best Summer League team by far. They had a great draft ending up with Grant, Edwards, Waters and Tacko. I was hoping Grant got drafted higher but he fell into the perfect situation with Horford leaving.

On a side note, Grayson Allen needs to be kicked out of the NBA. There’s no place for a petulant child on the court. Did they not see him doing this stuff in college? Grant was about to rip into him after that second swipe at his head.
Need the personalities to make it worth watching. Don't need more baseball.

I said before the draft that Boston was the perfect fit for GW and that Stevens was the perfect coach for him. It’s still early, but that is proving to be true, so far. The odds were stacked against him and he could have ended up in any of several bad landing spots. So happy he landed where he did and has the opportunity he does.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
I will just say that I have watched more NBA this summer (summer league) than I have watched in the last 3 years of regular season AND playoffs. Grant, Admiral, and Bone just may make me a NBA fan again, or at least turn the games on.

Why'd he go?
"Williams will make $11.8 million for the next four years, starting at $2.3 million next season." (for= over the course of)
How dare he leave us for money. Way to go kid.
Can’t blame him. It’s just the selfishness of us as fans that wanted him to stay, but he needed to go get paid. So proud of him and how he represents us.

Reactions: LibertyVol and Cees
Boston media has been raving about GWill. He is proving to be a solid draft pick and should see solid minutes next season.

I think Edwards will prove to be the steal of this draft. Instant offense, and the NBA 3-point line seems no different for him.

Boston looks to have had a great draft.

Reactions: Lefteye
Can't Stand the Celts going back to the Erving, Malone..etc days. I wish only the best for Grant, just not against the '76ers. So sorry he didn't knock the hell out of Grayson Allen but respect Grant's restraint (would have loved to have seen mano a aono). An awesome ambassador for UT and a douche for look!

VN Store

Back