Grant will test the NBA draft waters

that's my question too - I hope the scouts and the agent are honest with him with the analysis

I think they will be to an extent but agents have to get paid as well and often times they don't necessarily give great advice to some of these players. But if we are being honest with ourselves, another year in college probably isn't going to raise his draft stock other than a place or two. Conversely, his game does not translate to the NBA. I can see how this will be a very difficult decision for Grant. Either decision will be the right decision, that is not always the case imho. Of the two, Bone has probably made the wrong decision but money is a big issue for a lot of these players and I can't say that I blame him. He would have really benefitted from a really good break out year. He could have played his way into the first round imho

Bleacher report had him 20 yesterday. He is gone. He is solidly in the 20s.

He will play 3/4. He is more skilled and bigger than Jae Crowder. Same size as Draymond. He will be a good role player who has a chance to develop into more with NBA coaching.

I love Grant's game but I don't how many times I saw during the game (at the top of the key) where he passed up an open shot and the team ended up turning the ball over for the sake of running the offense. In the NBA, you take that shot 10 times out of 10. They will give him plenty of chances to show that he can knock it down during the workouts. I hope they feature him against some of the other prospects on NBA TV.

Weaknesses: Williams is an undersized forward at 6’7 which is small for a player who lacks in athleticism and makes most of his impact in the post … Not an explosive athlete, plays below the rim … Foul prone, fouled out of 4 games including two matchups against top talent in the country in Gonzaga and Kansas … Williams struggles to stay in front of quicker guards due to his lack of athleticism and height … While capable of hitting from beyond the arc, Williams digressed from his freshman year to junior year. Very capable from mid-range and the free throw line, but needs to continually improve from three if he plans to find a role as a small-ball four in the NBA … Hesitant to utilize jumper, typically makes impact in the post or opts to pass on open shot to get the ball into the block … Williams may struggle to create off the dribble considering we saw most of his offensive skill set in the post or catch-and-shoot opportunities on the perimeter.

Reactions: 508mikey

He will play 3/4. He is more skilled and bigger than Jae Crowder. Same size as Draymond. He will be a good role player who has a chance to develop into more with NBA coaching.
You say solidly in the 20’s yet that one updated today is in the mid 30’s, so not sure how you can sit here and say solidly in the 20’s?

He’s not as tall or long but San Antonio Boris Diaw is a great comparison for him.

Reactions: k-town_king
Better decide quickly. Does Barnes have 4 scholarships to offer or 5 scholarships?
Grant leaves = 5 scholarships
Grant stays = 4 scholarships
If Grant stays, I doubt if any one that would have used his scholarship would be a better player next year than him.

The NBA draft is much different than the NFL draft. A late first round draft pick in the NBA isn’t nearly as valuable as a late first round or second round pick in the NFL.
Thats what I was thinking. Unless you are a lottery pick, you may have to weigh your options.

VN Store

Back