Grad Transfer Fifth Year Seniors in transfer portal.

Volfan2012

This thread is for names in the portal that could possibly be eligible to play immediately in 2020.

A'tyanna Gaulden Arkansas fifth year senior 100 assists and 47 turnovers 35 percent three point shooter.

Kyra Lambert Duke Grad Transfer 35 percent three point shooter.

If Gaulden is eligible immediately she could be an instant top player replacement for Massengill. He numbers in 18 minutes per game were outstanding.

Last edited:
Gaulden will be a nice pickup for some team. She's that prototypical speedy guard that can drive or pull up for the long ball. She would be a great back up to Horston, or could start if KJH wants a true PG on the floor.

Lambert might be a stretch unless she's promised a starting role.

I would look out for Dara Mabrey (I know she’s not a grad transfer ) and potentially Taylor Sutton PG from MTSU Averaged 12.6 PPG. Sutton was the C-USA Freshman of the Year for the 2018-19 campaign.

Reactions: flint and mcannon1
It seems extremely logical, now that 2 guards have left the program, we should see some transfer portal action fairly soon...At least as fairly soon as the virus situation will allow it.

Need to start building the roster with kids that are athletic but have better skill sets. Need some shooters, kids that have solid footwork, pass with both hands.
Striplin is a decent start. Puckett would be nice also in 21. Need the Wynne kid at Ensworth too.
Tired of the phrase “tallest team in the country”. Carter is 5’8 on a good day at A&M but terribly skilled. That’s just one example I can give ya.
And lastly, how the krap did HW not get on Howard early, and seal the deal? Travesty!

Reactions: Bigpapi
Need to start building the roster with kids that are athletic but have better skill sets. Need some shooters, kids that have solid footwork, pass with both hands.
Striplin is a decent start. Puckett would be nice also in 21. Need the Wynne kid at Ensworth too.
Tired of the phrase “tallest team in the country”. Carter is 5’8 on a good day at A&M but terribly skilled. That’s just one example I can give ya.
And lastly, how the krap did HW not get on Howard early, and seal the deal? Travesty!
Seems to me that most everyone that transfers out has better skill sets than when they were with us, should tell you something

Reactions: djtee
Agreed.
Get some kids with a motor that can play. Need some basketball players and not just these 6’2 guards that are nice on paper and recruited mainly based on potential. Ridiculous evaluations from previous staff on several prospects but not being all over Rhyne Howard early is hard to comprehend.
Hopefully we make huge strides offensively this next season but hard to see that happening unless we can get a post player that can play and/or perimeter players that aren’t walking turnovers.

Seems to me that most everyone that transfers out has better skill sets than when they were with us, should tell you something

Tells me something: Players that leave usually have to sit out a season, during which time they practice their game and work on specific needs for improvement. The next time we see them play is after approximately twenty months of growing physically, academically, personally. MM, Alberta, and Shannon were improved after transferring “in.” It just works out that way.

Agreed.
Get some kids with a motor that can play. Need some basketball players and not just these 6’2 guards that are nice on paper and recruited mainly based on potential. Ridiculous evaluations from previous staff on several prospects but not being all over Rhyne Howard early is hard to comprehend.
Hopefully we make huge strides offensively this next season but hard to see that happening unless we can get a post player that can play and/or perimeter players that aren’t walking turnovers.

Nice post and welcome aboard...

Reactions: HalfullVol
Agreed.

A lot can happen over the summer...TK could become an offensive force and scorers could happen

turnovers are mental...the right words

Transfers happen and for different reasons.

Too many people are taking these transfers as an indictment of Kellie. Zaay's transfer had little to do with Kellie's coaching but a legal matter. Jazz it is unclear what is driving her decision so I won't specualate.

But transfers have been part of all programs including Tennessee - Michelle Munoz transferred back in the day as did another guard in that same recruiting class (name escapes). And now fewer hurdles exist for athletes to transfer/ Every program will have to deal with this situation on an increasingly regular basis.

The men's game has had to adjust to one and done and WCBB is going to have adapt to more mobile recruiting classes and more players leaving early for the pros.

How are the coaches able to get recruits/potential transfers on campus during this time?

Be careful for what you wish for, got it !

Be careful for what you wish for, got it !

I'm wishing for some more national titles, so hope you're right!

ncaa-champs-redesign.jpg

Re: transfers

Some have said that players transferring without penalty is just evening up the playing field since coaches can do the same. Well, not quite.

If a coach leaves before his/her contract is up, there are buyout clauses. The poaching...er, benefiting...school must pay the prior school for the privilege of gaining the coach's services to which the previous school was still entitled by contract.

To be an equal situation, any athlete could leave at any time as long as the new school reimbursed the previous school for some of the expense of recruiting, coaching expertise, medical care, scholarship benefits, etc. that had been provided to the athlete with the expectation of reaping the athletic efforts. The scholarship would be regarded as a contract...just not ironclad, in that the contract could be broken as long as some reimbursement was provided.

That is just hypothetical and wouldn't work since each athletes obviously has a different "value." Just as proposals to pay players raise new inequality issues, there would just have to be an "average" figure attached as a buyout sum regardless of the talent level. This wouldn't stop schools from poaching top talent, but it would hurt the less-talented role player athlete whose "buyout" likely wouldn't be worth it to their prospective new school, especially if they were moving down in divisions or moving to a less-well-heeled school.

Anyway, just pointing out that the two situations are different in terms of what the university gets in return for losing the services of a coach vs. an athlete. In the former, could be quite a large sum (which can be used to help hire a replacement). In the latter, the previous school gets nothing except bad publicity.

Reactions: krichunaka
What I like about the one time transfer rule is that when you decide to transfer your through won't be a third school. Some players go three schools and even more. Second no reason to have to sit out a year if you transfer from one school to another once because you're not going anywhere else once you get to your second location. I can see where players choose a school and it turns out not to be a fit or they break a rule and are asked to leave. The point being you only get a second chance not a third or fourth so you'll have to make the most of it.

VN Store

Back