Grad transfer Erin DeGrate

mcannon1

6'6" center from TX Tech has entered transfer portal as per Raoul on Twitter.

Last edited:
This article is from when she transferred from Louisville to TX Tech:

Transfer Erin DeGrate joins the Lady Raiders

"DeGrate, a 6-4 center who played her high school basketball at La Vega High School, in Waco, Texas, where she scored more than 2,100 points, played in 28 games during her freshman season for Louisville, notching a pair of double-figure scoring games. Coming out of high school, she was a four-star recruit according to ESPNW and Prospects Nation tabbed her as the No. 36 prospect in the country."

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Just looked at her stats and both years at TT she averaged about 8.1 points and 4.5 rebounds or so while only playing around 16 minutes a game.. why was she limited to 16 minutes per game with that type of production? Could have easily been a 16 and 8 production post player

I don't know why dapeak. Don't know a lot about her though her name is familiar. Could it be fitness? Recovering from injury? Or just playing when wins were already assured? She was a nationally ranked player out of high school; so I don't think she'd be at the end of the bench at TX Tech. Maybe someone will enlighten us.

Reactions: dapeak
Just looked at her stats and both years at TT she averaged about 8.1 points and 4.5 rebounds or so while only playing around 16 minutes a game.. why was she limited to 16 minutes per game with that type of production? Could have easily been a 16 and 8 production post player
I watched her play several times on FOXSW, She was competing against another player Brittany Brewer who was better on defense. DeGrate is a little slow and needs to lose a little weight. Texas Tech also has a Long Beach transfer, Emma Merriweather, who will be eligible next year. She is a 6' 5" C/P and was the top player for Long Beach State. I would also imagine that since Texas Tech is in a serious rebuilding mode, DeGrate is not in the plans. Also remember, the Big 12 is very weak, except for Texas and Baylor, so DeGrate's stats may be bolstered by her play against weak competition.

Reactions: mcannon1 and dapeak
She’s got great hands, but she’s out of shape. I think that’s been her problem at both schools. She’s got the skills, but she can’t get up and down. I’m not sure she would fit very well in a system with our new coach. KJH seems to prefer slightly smaller, more agile players.

Erin played with Juicy Landrum on LaVega's undefeated 3A State Championship team when DeGrate was a junior. Tennessee was one of her finalists out of HS before chosing Louisville.

La Vega post Erin DeGrate pledges to Louisville

DeGrate, La Vega’s dominant 6-4 basketball post, has committed to Louisville, selecting the Cardinals over a stellar list of finalists that included Baylor, Texas A&M, Tennessee and Texas Tech.

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back