GOP continues to decline

I think it is different this time.
The Reps are no longer the alternative to the Dems, but are now the Dems lite.

The Reps are leaving their base.
I am nearly as disgusted with the Reps as the Dems.

The Reps are no longer "conservative" and that is why their numbers are diminishing.

This.

Obama was a lock to win the '08 election as soon as McCain was nominated.

Tell me again why I should be losing any sleep over a party that nominates the likes of McCain, Bush and Dole for president?

You shouldn't.

If the Republicans ever wake up and return to their Reagan roots, then you have a reason to lose sleep.

Actually, (sadly) the election wasn't a lock until McCain pulled another "Maverick" move and ran back to Washington to undercut the Conservative Movement and voted for TARP and forced many Republicans to do the same. That was when the election was lost for him. Not that it matters because, I still think McCain would have been a disaster had he been voted in.

If we can survive this little period, I do am a little encouraged because I do think a good chunk of people have shed the R vs D skin and are actually going more Libertarian. I know I am one of those people, and I really think (and hope) this the beginning of the end of the two traditional parties.

The fact that a complete POS in Obama was elected tells me you are absolutely wrong.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

the GOP will continue to decline as long as "moderates" like Meghan McCain and Colin Powell are seen as de facto spokespeople for it and true conservatives like Mike Pence and Jim Demint are marginalized.

the GOP will continue to decline as long as "moderates" like Meghan McCain and Colin Powell are seen as de facto spokespeople for it and true conservatives like Mike Pence and Jim Demint are marginalized.

Mike Pence and Jim Demint? I guess if your in favor of deficits.

Both of them were in office at the beginning of the Bush Presidency and his spending and voted in support of it. Both of them should have been voted out of office and replaced with someone who wouldn't have voted in favor of the party line.

Mike Pence and Jim Demint? I guess if your in favor of deficits.

Both of them were in office at the beginning of the Bush Presidency and his spending and voted in support of it. Both of them should have been voted out of office and replaced with someone who wouldn't have voted in favor of the party line.

pot, meet kettle.

Keep voting the same guys back in office, and then keep complaining because you don't have change in Washington. Maybe it will eventually occur to you why that is.

are you typing in an echo chamber? I'm not defending the spending habits of the GOP and I never will, but for you to criticize them for running up a 500 billion dollar deficit when Obama and Company blew through 500 billion dollars just ordering lunch smacks of outright hypocrisy.

once again, your hypocrisy is amazing.

My hypocrisy? lol You defend Bush and the Republicans who doubled the national debt over the last 8 years while leaving the country in the worst recession since the great depression, and your upset because the new administration hasn't fixed everything in 100 days? If only it was that simple.

Like we all knew what a horrible President Bush would be by his first 100 days in office. You never even given the new administraction a chance before you rendered a verdict.

I don't particularly like Obama or Congress so far, but at least I know who is more responsible for the problems they are trying to fix.

find a single post in which I defended the Bush Administration's spending programs. Other than military funding and spending authorized by Article 1 Section 8 of the US Constitution, any expenditure of taxpayer dollars is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

and what's this BS about this recession being the worst since the Great Depression? Have you not read your history books? Take a look at the economy under Jimmy Carter. Again, that's not a defense of Bush, but you and the left continue to trot out the DailyKOS talking points without even an attempt to do some actual research on your own.

btw: Mike Pence and Jim Demint voted against Bush's Medicare Entitlement program, even after they were both called to the White House to explain their opposition in person. Pence also voted against No Child Left Behind.

Last edited:
My hypocrisy? lol You defend Bush and the Republicans who doubled the national debt over the last 8 years while leaving the country in the worst recession since the great depression, and your upset because the new administration hasn't fixed everything in 100 days? If only it was that simple.

Like we all knew what a horrible President Bush would be by his first 100 days in office. You never even given the new administraction a chance before you rendered a verdict.

I don't particularly like Obama or Congress so far, but at least I know who is more responsible for the problems they are trying to fix.

So it is not simple? And the solution is to take what Bush did, SPEND, and supersize it? But you haven't made up your mind yet, right?

And that is worth what?

once again, your hypocrisy is amazing.

Look, I was where you at in 2001, I thought getting Bush in the White House with a Republican Congress and this country was going to finally see the kind of change the people had been begging for. Reform to social security, reduced govt spending and lower taxes. But they just backed wrecked the country.

They've made mistake after mistake, as long as you keep returning them to office there is no accountability.

Last edited:
So it is not simple? And the solution is to take what Bush did, SPEND, and supersize it? But you haven't made up your mind yet, right?

And that is worth what?

No the solution was to pull out of Iraq, let AIG, Fannie and Freddie go bankrupt. But nobody in Congress had the courage to do it, fearing a great depression type of event.

find a single post in which I defended the Bush Administration's spending programs. Other than military funding and spending authorized by Article 1 Section 8 of the US Constitution, any expenditure of taxpayer dollars is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

and what's this BS about this recession being the worst since the Great Depression? Have you not read your history books? Take a look at the economy under Jimmy Carter. Again, that's not a defense of Bush, but you and the left continue to trot out the DailyKOS talking points without even an attempt to do some actual research on your own.

btw: Mike Pence and Jim Demint voted against Bush's Medicare Entitlement program, even after they were both called to the White House to explain their opposition in person. Pence also voted against No Child Left Behind.

You say you don't defend them, but if you VOTE FOR THEM you are defending them, with your vote. If you don't approve of them why are you giving your approval by voting for them.

No the solution was to pull out of Iraq, let AIG, Fannie and Freddie go bankrupt. But nobody in Congress had the courage to do it, fearing a great depression type of event.

So you have made up your mind about Obama or not? Or you need mroe time?

So you have made up your mind about Obama or not? Or you need mroe time?

It takes more then 100 days to evaluate a President IMO. We all thought Bush was doing well 100 days in. So far on a number of issues he's disappointing but the jury is still out.

You say you don't defend them, but if you VOTE FOR THEM you are defending them, with your vote. If you don't approve of them why are you giving your approval by voting for them.

how do you know who I vote for? Maybe I'm just sick and tired of leftists and center left libertarians sucking all the air out of the room bitching and moaning about how Bush is the embodiment of all that is wrong in the world.

It takes more then 100 days to evaluate a President IMO. We all thought Bush was doing well 100 days in. So far on a number of issues he's disappointing but the jury is still out.

Not in my court.

So which issue is he not "disappointing" you on?

that's because most Presidents don't walk into the Oval Office with unstoppable majorities in both Houses of Congress.

tell me how Obama's spending proposals are "fixing" what Bush and company did.

tell me how this "stimulus" bill, in which 90% of the money isn't due to be spent until 2011, that was rammed through Congress, has created a single, private sector job. Remember Obama's mantra of "immediate action or face dire consequences"?

VN Store

Back