Google Stadia

I did. I’m not sure how much I’ll use it but I had to try it just for kicks.

Let me know what you think. I was a part of the trial they had at the beginning of the year. Got Assassin's Creed: Odyssey for free with it. Fun game. The streaming was pretty good. Was probably streaming in 1080p most of the time.

I had preordered one of the founder's edition Stadia's, mostly out of intrigue. But after thinking about it, and considering what Microsoft is planning with their cloud services and Game Pass/Game Pass Ultimate, plus their rumored sub $100 streaming box, I decided to cancel. It should be interesting to see how it's received when it does launch.

I had preordered one of the founder's edition Stadia's, mostly out of intrigue. But after thinking about it, and considering what Microsoft is planning with their cloud services and Game Pass/Game Pass Ultimate, plus their rumored sub $100 streaming box, I decided to cancel. It should be interesting to see how it's received when it does launch.
DOA IMO

This release couldn't have gone any worse. Still think cloud based gaming is the future, but still think we are at least 5 years away from that.

I think this is going to be a clusterf for Google. They aren't offering anything you can't get anywhere else, and the infrastructure isn't in place for the majority to benefit from it. Plus it's Google, who is notorious for just ditching projects.

Anybody got a solid review on this? Worth the money? No? I'd want NBA 2k20 for it, but not sure if the selection is good enough for anything else. Just wanting to know how well it's working

Anybody checking out the free two-month pro trial? I signed up yesterday just to give it a whirl for free. They have about 8 free games available to play right now, Destiny being the main draw. The graphics weren't great, being 1080p, but I thought the framerate was good and I didn't experience and stutters or noticeable lag.

Bad news for all the Stadians out there: A new report claims that Google is trying to salvage its Stadia streaming service by not focusing on video games but instead looking to make deals with companies like Peleton to create playable experiences and online demos.

As spotted by The Verge, this news comes from a Business Insider report published yesterday and which paints a not-so-happy ending for Stadia. The service has apparently been “demoted” within Google with Stadia boss Phil Harrison now reporting to Google’s vice president of subscription services, instead of directly to Google’s hardware boss, Rick Osterloh. According to the report, this is characterized by insiders as a demotion for the entire Stadia service following disappointing sales and performing far below Google’s expectations.

It now seems that the plan over at Google Stadia is to focus on lucrative deals with other companies to create and power experiences for them. And oddly folks have already seen some of these deals, with a recent game found on Peleton bikes actually powered by Google Stream, reportedly the new name for Google’s Stadia technology.

Report: Google Quietly Ditching Stadia

VN Store

Back