Good OL Progress

Not trying to insult JG or be cruel. But we're probably 4-2 if we have Maurer playing every game
Probably. Or if the improvement the staff thought they saw in JG over the spring and summer had carried over to game time. He's not a bad kid. He just can't seem to process info fast enough to make good decisions. As a result, he always plays it safe. Even today, there weren't any high risk throws.

Probably. Or if the improvement the staff thought they saw in JG over the spring and summer had carried over to game time. He's not a bad kid. He just can't seem to process info fast enough to make good decisions. As a result, he always plays it safe. Even today, there weren't any high risk throws.
My biggest issue with him is his release time. Holds the ball way too long which puts a strain on the line. But I respect his toughness and effort. Anyone who gives their body for Tennessee has my respect and gratitude

First time in a long time it looked like both sides of our line were big and physical. Dline has played outstanding the past two games and the Oline is starting to get a little bit of a nasty streak. We pretty much got lined up on D correctly, which solves a lot of problems. Maurer getting and staying healthy is the key for the rest of the year. Gotta hand it to the guys, they didn’t lay down, cash out, and quit this year, when most teams would have with the issues we have had. They are out there fighting and improving, GBO!!!!!

First time in a long time it looked like both sides of our line were big and physical. Dline has played outstanding the past two games and the Oline is starting to get a little bit of a nasty streak. We pretty much got lined up on D correctly, which solves a lot of problems. Maurer getting and staying healthy is the key for the rest of the year. Gotta hand it to the guys, they didn’t lay down, cash out, and quit this year, when most teams would have with the issues we have had. They are out there fighting and improving, GBO!!!!!
Maurer is not ready to play SEC football. He may be the QB of the future but no team can survive the ints.

They looked better for sure. Although we put up 190 yards, we did so running the ball over 40 times. It was pleasant to watch, but I wouldn't quite say they were "good" yet. However, they're on the verge of it for sure. We have a hard time limiting the edges, and pressure from the middle seems to exploit us. But the good news is that the best part of our offensive line is young (outside of Trey Smith). There's a lot of potential there, and the experience they're getting will certainly be beneficial to the future. I'm excited with the progress and potential of the offensive line going forward.

I would love to get a great running game going. If we could start running the ball more reliably, we could have a nice offense and the defense would benefit as well. While the last quarter was rough with all the runs, we ran a ton of clock and kept the defense fresh. This is the first time the defense was still flying around at the end of the game. I hope we turned the corner.

Regarding JG, if he has to play, that is the type of game plan he will need. Run the ball, keep manageable 3rd downs and let JG pass every once in a while when the defense is creeping up. Run clock and let the defense win the game.

Reactions: spyfish007

VN Store

Back