Good news for next season!

You know how many years we have said this? I mean we couldn’t beat them when they had Zook, the shark humper or Musdump. What makes you think we will beat them this year? They still have more talent than we do.
1-16 against them since 2005. They have had some of their worst teams and coaches during that stretch as well and still beat us. 4-8 in 2013 still beat us and 4-7 in 2017 and we still lost to them and of course this season 6-7 and still beat us again. I have no clue at this point why some Vol fans think we are going to beat them every preseason and start these threads lol.

1-16 against them since 2005. They have had some of their worst teams during that stretch and still beat us. 4-8 in 2013 still beat us and 4-7 in 2017 and we still lost to them and of course this season 6-7 and still beat us again. I have no clue at this point why some Vol fans think we are going to beat them every preseason and start these threads lol.

Agree. Every year we inevitably have fans on here that will say this is the year we beat UF. They have a new HC, have lost players blah,blah, blah. It’s ridiculous. What’s equally ridiculous are the fans that say if we don’t beat UF then Heupel isn’t the guy. If that’s the logic then we haven’t had a good coach since Majors.

I honestly cannot figure it out with Florida. Regardless of who we have at QB, offense, defense or head coach. Regardless of who they have at QB or head coach. We simply cannot beat them. Think about it. UF has had 1 good QB since Tebow. Trask was really good in 2019. Other than that they have had mediocre QB play and we still cannot beat them.

Even when we were at our very strongest we couldn’t beat them with any regularity.

Agree. Every year we inevitably have fans on here that will say this is the year we beat UF. They have a new HC, have lost players blah,blah, blah. It’s ridiculous. What’s equally ridiculous are the fans that say if we don’t beat UF then Heupel isn’t the guy. If that’s the logic then we haven’t had a good coach since Majors.

I honestly cannot figure it out with Florida. Regardless of who we have at QB, offense, defense or head coach. Regardless of who they have at QB or head coach. We simply cannot beat them. Think about it. UF has had 1 good QB since Tebow. Trask was really good in 2019. Other than that they have had mediocre QB play and we still cannot beat them.

Even when we were at our very strongest we couldn’t beat them with any regularity.

I think a lot of it comes with them being (typically) our first SEC game, and most years, our first big game of the year.

I stand by what I say that if we played Vandy first, and Florida towards the end of the season, we'd do MUCH better.

98-04 we were 4-3 😎

You can definitely argue that we have as good a chance as we ever had this year.

Every year since Butch we've been obviously way over matched.

This year is waaaaay more doable so let's not act like we can't do it.

And yes they were 6-7 last year, but we all know at the time we played them they were coming off a 2 point loss to Bama and playing with tons of confidence especially at QB and Hooker was still acclimating to the offense.

We did not play the same team, USCjr and Mizzou played. Like at all....of freaking course 🙄 literally so annoying...

But I'm also left thinking if Heupel can't beat them this year at home when they have a new coach, tons of turnover, and a bad recruiting class and we have Hooker, Tillman and almost everyone back, better recruiting class and probably some transfers coming in after spring then will he ever?

Doesn't mean he's not the guy but...don't you think "the guy" should be able to break the curse?

Basically we lose that and we are likely doomed to be third in the SEC under Heup

1-16 against them since 2005. They have had some of their worst teams and coaches during that stretch as well and still beat us. 4-8 in 2013 still beat us and 4-7 in 2017 and we still lost to them and of course this season 6-7 and still beat us again. I have no clue at this point why some Vol fans think we are going to beat them every preseason and start these threads lol.
We got em this year. GUAR-AN-F'N-TEED

Couldn't quote @BigOrangeTrain

98-04 we were 4-3 😎

You can definitely argue that we have as good a chance as we ever had this year.

Every year since Butch we've been obviously way over matched.

This year is waaaaay more doable so let's not act like we can't do it.

And yes they were 6-7 last year, but we all know at the time we played them they were coming off a 2 point loss to Bama and playing with tons of confidence especially at QB and Hooker was still acclimating to the offense.

We did not play the same team, USCjr and Mizzou played. Like at all....of freaking course 🙄 literally so annoying...

But I'm also left thinking if Heupel can't beat them this year at home when they have a new coach, tons of turnover, and a bad recruiting class and we have Hooker, Tillman and almost everyone back, better recruiting class and probably some transfers coming in after spring then will he ever?

Doesn't mean he's not the guy but...don't you think "the guy" should be able to break the curse?

Basically we lose that and we are likely doomed to be third in the SEC under Heup

Like I said even at our strongest we barley beat them. We are over matched this year as well. We can pretend we aren’t but where do we really have the advantage? QB? Ok. WR? Ok. Where else? OL? TE? RB? Nope. On defense? Not even close. Can we theoretically beat UF this year? Sure.

See I don’t judge the TN HC on the Florida game anymore. I don’t consider UF a must win for any TN HC. Why? Because it’s dumb. Will Heupel beat UF? I don’t think he will. Even if he is here 5-7 years, I don’t think he will ever beat UF. It’s easy to think with what we are bringing back that we can win. The games at home and our offense should be lethal again.

Yes we are doomed for third at best in the East. South Carolina, Kentucky and Missouri seem to be able to beat UF. But we just can’t. You brought up a small stretch of games where we won. Look at those wins. 2003 was a convincing win. Other than that we have barely beaten them the few times we have actually won. Meanwhile, they have pretty much dominated us.

I hope we beat UF. Do I think we will? No. I expect another blowout loss. Will I think less of Heupel with another blowout loss to UF? Absolutely not. I am much more concerned with South Carolina and Kentucky this year than UF.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
We are a slightly above garbage team. They are right at the garbage line. History says they win

64548957.jpg

LMAO@ the dark side 99gator, LMAO!!!

The dark side needs badly to see the light, the BIG ORANGE light!

BEWARE...The BIG ORANGE light is coming!!!

It's going to LIGHT UP the Gators @ Neyland this season!

Our BIG ORANGE light is going to forever burn away the hated gaturd curse and it will nevermore appear against our UT footVOL Team!!!

The dreaded power of the Gator dark side is now doomed by our BIG ORANGE light!

99gator cane here and doomed his own team so we have to say THANK YOU!

VFL...GBO!!!

You know how many years we have said this? I mean we couldn’t beat them when they had Zook, the shark humper or Musdump. What makes you think we will beat them this year? They still have more talent than we do.
Because I have to be able to live with myself so I choose to believe we can beat them

VN Store

Back