Good Game! (But not a great one)

no1g8r

I thought both teams played a good game, but not a great game.

It shocks me to realize how close UT came to winning this game while only having a net of 2 positive rushing yards. Looking at the stats overall would not indicate such a close score, either.

Ainge played a REALLY GOOD game. Anyone knocking him and his decision-making either needs to re-watch the game or take a course in understanding football basics. He played about as well as a 3 year starter could be expected to under a new Offensive Coordinator. There were a few places where the O-line wasn't in sync with the QB (or each other). Other than those lapses, Ainge looked really well.

There's no room for Gators to brag (much), and no reason for any Vols to hang their head. I suspect additional attention will be paid on getting the running game in place and the Vols will win plenty this season.

And with the Gator's rough schedule ahead, I'd say that all winning this game did for UF is to pull them about even with UT, or maybe a slight edge. It's nothing that winning can't cure (for either team).

Thanks for putting up with me on your fine board! Great folks here!

GREAT GAME! FLORIDA "EARNED" IT!

Your front four destroyed the Tennessee offensive line and your back seven were gang tackling wonderfully!

*I still hate Florida!*

Nothing personal of course...........

I do have to say that Urban Meyer has rekindled the hatred level for Florida....along with Richt at Georgia!

Uuuuuggghhhhhh......................

Somebody famous once said "when your opponents hate you, you must be doing something right" :)

It shocks me to realize how close UT came to winning this game while only having a net of 2 positive rushing yards. Looking at the stats overall would not indicate such a close score, either.

Ainge played a REALLY GOOD game. Anyone knocking him and his decision-making either needs to re-watch the game or take a course in understanding football basics. He played about as well as a 3 year starter could be expected to under a new Offensive Coordinator. There were a few places where the O-line wasn't in sync with the QB (or each other). Other than those lapses, Ainge looked really well.

There's no room for Gators to brag (much), and no reason for any Vols to hang their head. I suspect additional attention will be paid on getting the running game in place and the Vols will win plenty this season.

And with the Gator's rough schedule ahead, I'd say that all winning this game did for UF is to pull them about even with UT, or maybe a slight edge. It's nothing that winning can't cure (for either team).

it was a good game, both teams played with a lot of heart and intensity, difference was your offensive line play compared to ours....no head haning really here for me, other than i just hate losing, but i think there is some light at the end of the tunnel for us (and it's not a train Charles Barkley)...still got 9 games left, with plenty of opportunities to have a great season...and plenty of opportunities for the gators to slip up a bit....we'll see though.

We just got beat. That's all you can say about it. I hate it!! It stinks! But Florida just beat us.

Everyone has heard this for years. Whoever runs the football wins this game. We know it. The coaches know it. The players know it. Florida done it. We didn't. 2 yards rushing. Damn!!!

But it is a long year! Florida has a tough road ahead. They had to have this one. We have LSU and Georgia. We will see how it all plays out. I think Florida finishes with two loses in the SEC. The problem for us is I think we finish with two loses in the SEC. But anything could happen. That's why they play'em.

Thanks, Gator. You guys have a fine team this year. I am proud of our guys for their effort. They played their hearts out, and that's all you can ask for.

Thanks for stopping by the VN. Both teams had their chances, your guys did it when it mattered.

VN Store

Back