Good Coach/Bad Coach...(Carr vs Meyer after bowl game)

I can't even hear the audio of Meyer to even make a fair judgement as to what he said.

it's just hard to tell what's going on there with no context. Meyer sounds harsh, but there's just no telling what drove the comments.

I think it's transcribed below the movie clip

OK, I clicked on that link and the audio was hard to understand.

“Well, for those [seniors] who just put in their time and didn’t make any real contributions, it’s time for you to go. It won’t be hard to say goodbye to some of those guys who just went through the motions.

Now for those kids who actually bought into the program, and who made some sacrifices and contributions — you know, like Bubba Caldwell….he’s a graduate of UF and had a great career — you’ll really miss those guys. But just because you’re a senior doesn’t mean you have any value.”​
Awkwardly worded... maybe a poor choice of words. But other than that? :dunno:

in the end of the day its wins vs losses.

Whether you are a senior or a freshman. If you ain't getting it done and you're just going through the motions, you are not helping the team.

It's not supposed to be a union... seniority means nothing. Only performance.

i am really starting to dislike him whole heartedly. what an @$$hole.
It REALLY chapped me to have his "third place in his DIVISION of his conf" commenting from the broadcasters booth......AND he had a Hiesman winning QB to get him there

Awkwardly worded... maybe a poor choice of words. But other than that? :dunno:

The way I translated that was:

"I coached really good, but they played really bad. It's all the fault of those losing players that I inherited from the last coach. They did so well last year and the first few games of this season and then they turned back into the losers they were before the great Urban Meyer arrived."

Basically, Florida underachieved this year, and he decided to throw the departing seniors under the bus. Egotistical coaches do this a lot. Rick Pitino was a master at it during his Kentucky tenure. Saban is right up there with them, too. He didn't lose to ULM, it was those players that Mike Shula taught to be losers.

I've always thought some of the criticism that comes Fulmer's way is because he refuses to do this; a lot of fans will actually buy the "I coached good, they played bad" defense. Some of the '05 problems were due to malcontents, but Fulmer never said anything like Meyer did.

At uf, it's just win baby! Meyer needs to start producing with his own recruits, or they'll be on him right away down there.

nar·cis·sism
n.
Excessive love or admiration of oneself.

A psychological condition characterized by self-preoccupation, lack of empathy, and unconscious deficits in self-esteem.

What is really sad are these comments. Add to it that ESPN did a segment on him and the team as to how great of an atmosphere it was as the FL Family. How the coaches with families ate every Wednesday night and the coaches kids did the 5 minute workouts with the teams. This is BS and strictly Media or sports information propoganda to show something that really is not. He is a true phoney and fake.

Meyer's feeling the heat already from those 4 losses. He better win big next year with Tebow.

VN Store

Back