Gonzaga just got robbed

Ok if you say so. Can I use your time machine when you're not using it?

Honestly comments like that are illogical. You have no idea what happens next. What if Gonzaga hits s three?

No, statements like "Gonzaga was robbed" are illogical. They were down 6 with 50 seconds to go. The odds of winning in that situation is extremely low. Is it possible? Sure. But robbed? No.

No, statements like "Gonzaga was robbed" are illogical. They were down 6 with 50 seconds to go. The odds of winning in that situation is extremely low. Is it possible? Sure. But robbed? No.
Typical UK fan. 50 seconds is an eternity in basketball. Huge play in the game. Of course you're used to calls like that going UK way so no surprise

I’ve really just decided that these leagues need to get their officiating problems fixed. It is in every sport I watch. UT got robbed on the last play twice—5 second inbound call and phantom foul on 3-point shot at end of game. Gonzaga lost a possession with the guy out of bounds. UCF got robbed for non-calls in two obvious situations by Duke. Alabama never called for holding on offensive line, Saints not getting that PI call.

I mean, these are not debatable calls. They are obvious misses (either through incompetence or bias) and are really ruining sports. If the leagues cannot show improvement, Google or Apple should just create AI to call games. Because refs are missing waaaaay too many IMPORTANT calls in games.

Rant over.

Typical UK fan. 50 seconds is an eternity in basketball. Huge play in the game. Of course you're used to calls like that going UK way so no surprise

What does me being a UK fan have to do with how I view the impact of a call in a Gonzaga vs Texas Tech game? I think you are just ignorant as to what the term "robbed" means.

He hit him in the body. It’s a no doubter. Sorry you either don’t know basketball or can’t take off the orange tinted glasses

Kick out is not a foul. It is inducing a foul and is not actual foul. And BTW, I do know basketball. Sorry you can’t handle my opinion of what I saw on multiple replays.

Kick out is not a foul. It is inducing a foul and is not actual foul. And BTW, I do know basketball. Sorry you can’t handle my opinion of what I saw on multiple replays.
The kick out didn’t cause the contact. Nice try. Barnes even admitted it

Reactions: feathersax
gosh, with all of these experts on the chat boards, you'd think some would become refs themselves and show em how it's done

Ok if you say so. Can I use your time machine when you're not using it?

Honestly comments like that are illogical. You have no idea what happens next. What if Gonzaga hits s three?

Give credit to Texas Tech’s defense.

They were suffocating Gonzaga the entire game.

I don’t necessarily agree with the call but Texas Tech would have closed it out either way.

You can say TTU closes it out anyway, they had suffocating defense, blah blah blah. That was a horrendous call at a crucial moment that absolutely affected the outcome of the game. It's basic middle school reffing. Everyone in the arena knew his momentum was carrying him way out of bounds. One hardly had to even look at the floor to see where he was. One ref had it looking straight down the sideline. The other, while under the basket, could no doubt see the guy's sneaker with a foot of out of bounds color between it and the line even.

The review system is straight up jacked. It must be changed. There has to be a human watching the game in the same or better views to what we get at home who gets to slap an "easy button" or a "panic button" or pull the freaking fire alarm or whatever! The instant it's pulled, no matter the situation, the game goes back to the reviewed play. Oops, sorry! We already inbounded the ball, can't review. That's trash. The announcers said something to the effect of if the play hadn't continued on, they could have reviewed it. Absolute garbage. Fix the replay situation or remove it. It ain't working as it is.

The kick out didn’t cause the contact. Nice try. Barnes even admitted it
I agree. It's a little lame to blame the kick out. Still a crock to blow the whistle there though. That's probably going to get called a foul about 5% of the time. But... I guess that's what you get when you give a ref even the chance to make a judgement and blow the whistle.

Reactions: crnanancy
I agree. It's a little lame to blame the kick out. Still a crock to blow the whistle there though. That's probably going to get called a foul about 5% of the time. But... I guess that's what you get when you give a ref even the chance to make a judgement and blow the whistle.
You get a shooter in the body, it’s getting called. You’d have better luck hitting the hands late if you don’t want a whistle

VN Store

Back