Going To The Owls

MphsBlues

A little preview:

Temple Team Report - College Basketball - Rivals.com

"Injuries have forced Temple coach Fran Dunphy to go with a smaller lineup than he had planned during the early part of the season. Yet, the Owls managed to go 3-2 in November.

Sophomore forward Lavoy Allen sat out the 83-73 loss at Buffalo on Nov. 29 after breaking his left thumb in the previous game eight days earlier at Lafayette. However, Allen was hopeful of returning with a wrap on the thumb. Allen went down just as senior center Sergio Olmos made his season debut at Buffalo; he missed the first four games with a sprained ankle.

The injuries to Allen and Olmos have caused Temple to run a four-guard offense a majority of the time.

“If it’s four guards we have to play, then it’s four guards we’ll play,” Dunphy said. “You play with what you have. We’re not going to make excuses. You’d like to have your two big men both on the floor at the same time and eventually we will.”

Dumphy has used just six starters in those first give games but seven players drew an average of at least 18 minutes in Temple’s 3-2 start.

Strengths: Christmas is a threat to score 30 points on any given night. The emergence of center Sergio Olmos, who played in one of the first five games this season, and forward Lavoy Allen as capable inside scorers last season also should keep defenses honest and give Christmas room to operate.

Weaknesses: Depth is a problem as Temple might be forced to use a six-man rotation if some of the younger players don’t develop quickly. Because of injuries, Temple played four guards at the same time for big chunks of the first five games. Point guard Luis Guzman is erratic and prone to turnovers. He had just a 14-to-12 assist-to-turnover ratio in November. Through five games, Temple and its opponents averaged 15.8 turnovers per game."

In their last meeting against Penn St:

"Semaj Inge scored 19 points, Ryan Brooks added 15 and Temple’s tight defense frustrated Penn State in a 65-59 victory on Saturday night.

The Owls (4-3) won in spite of a season-low two points from Dionte Christmas, the Atlantic 10’s leading scorer (21.8 ppg) coming into the game. He scored his only field goal with 5:15 left."

Ten Days
- the time from our last outing that Pearl has to work with our boys. I'm thinking finishing under the basket, turnovers, and perimeter D have not gone unnoticed. Temple is shallow as a puddle. We are deep. After 10 days to prepare for this matchup, surely we will see a different team come out on the court on Saturday.
I'm looking to see a wide margin of victory in this one. The big question is how well will we be prepared for Marquette when they come to town. It gets tougher from there. Here's hoping 10 days pays off...

A team that potentially plays 6 guys... and their PG turns it over a lot. No reason why we shouldn't blow them out of the gym.

If Tennessee comes out ready to play, watch out. This could turn out to be a blowout if Tennessee comes ready to play.

Other than the fact it's a road game, not much scares me about Temple.

Very average team.

I'll be representing the Big Orange in Philly with some other alum from the DC area! We're looking forward to killing Temple Saturday!!!!! I think the break will turn out to be good timing for this team because of so many newcomers. Go Vols!

Thanks for the info...didn't have any knowledge of Temple.
I hope are play isn't stale from being off so long.

Thanks for the info...didn't have any knowledge of Temple.
I hope are play isn't stale from being off so long.

My pleasure :hi:
The Owls are shallow. Bruce has been working the boys til they puke. I don't expect this one to be close. If it is, we should be concerned.

I fly out tomorrow at 4:30. Always love hoops in TCOBL.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I will say one thing about Saturday. If Wayne doesn't bring his best and Lavoy Allen is close to 100% healthy, Chism will get embarrassed.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Temple is not a great basketball team this year. We should be able to handle them...Marquette on the other hand, if we don't start contesting 3 point shots we are going to have them rained down on us, their backcourt is very good.

VN Store

Back