Going to the Oklahoma Game!

Is that Brazilian joint still out on Kingston Pike in Bearden?

Yeah Brazeiro's. That place is definitely pretty clutch.

There is also an amazing Jamaican place in Maryville now called ROcky's Jamaican Sunrise. Looks like a hole in the wall but its incredible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I have 2 tickets to Tenn vs Ala game for sale...
Best offer....
I live in Tuscaloosa, mail or pick up game day...

Last edited:
I'll take those Bama tickets off your hands...... I'm a good luck VOL, that's the offer....

I am sooooo jealous, I am out in Colorado. OU websites have been talking big smack about this game. I want a TD from the first play from scrimage and just to see their faces as we continue to roll and bring in the mop up crew to add insult to injury.........that is my dream

Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
I will be there to, dont know what seat yet but i will be there when the Nation will know TENNESSEE is back after we beat them like 34-17, some may think i am crazy but we will dominate them like they did to us last year they got to replace 4-O LINEMEN like we did last year, been fan for 45 years in my gut we will put a beat down on Oklahoma, we wont win them all this year but we will put put the hammer down on Oklahoma.:bash:

I will be there to, dont know what seat yet but i will be there when the Nation will know TENNESSEE is back after we beat them like 34-17, some may think i am crazy but we will dominate them like they did to us last year they got to replace 4-O LINEMEN like we did last year, been fan for 45 years in my gut we will put a beat down on Oklahoma, we wont win them all this year but we will put put the hammer down on Oklahoma.:bash:

Honestly Terry, I no longer notice a lack of punctuation.
Your enthusiasm is infectious, thumbs up. :good!:

Hey guys,
I just bought two tickets to the Oklahoma game. I've been to games before with my dad and friends but never took my girl to one. I plan on getting there early the day of and spending that night of the game.

Any recommendations on where to stay and "must do's"?

I'll be sitting Section X 5 - Row 1. Which is a new experiment as before I've sat on the opposite side. (How are the seats?)

Any information would be great:good!:

I have season tickets in X1. Great place to watch the game.

Already knew I was going to Oklahoma game, but thought I would have upper deck seats. Just found out I will be sitting in X3 row 23.

Attachments

• Vols 2.gif
    Vols 2.gif
    493.3 KB · Views: 3
Love the board, don't post very often but I really love reading the conversation here. I'll be attending with my wife and already counting down the days until this matchup. I'd love to hear any good restaurants and bars around campus and any no miss traditions gameday as a college football lover that I should be a part of. Having said that here is my attempt at a non-biased overview and preview for the game.

Coming into the 2015 season, it really seems like we are looking at 2 teams and programs headed in absolutely different directions. Coming off a huge win at Oklahoma St which was top 10 at the time and on the heels of a program changing Sugar Bowl victory against Alabama the Sooners looked poised for a definite playoff run last year. Obviously, that did not happen and with what most believe to be the most underachieving and disappointing season since Stoops has been at Oklahoma. The optimism and expectations are always high at Oklahoma, but there is a sense of honesty within the program that states this is a very pivotal year at Oklahoma. On the flip side, the optimism appears to be a fevered pitch in Knoxville. Butch Jones has the team headed in an extremely positive position from a talent and recruitment standpoint. The vols got back to a bowl game and was extremely impressive over Iowa and anybody that has seen that Vols team play last year knows they were a better football team than the 7-6 record indicated, as you guys were 12 points away from a 10-3 record. Overall, I think both teams are pretty evenly matched looking at this game in the first week of July. I think the homefield and the overall talent on the defensive side of the ball, I would have to give Tennessee the overall advantage in the game but I'm looking forward to a great game.

Love the board, don't post very often but I really love reading the conversation here. I'll be attending with my wife and already counting down the days until this matchup. I'd love to hear any good restaurants and bars around campus and any no miss traditions gameday as a college football lover that I should be a part of. Having said that here is my attempt at a non-biased overview and preview for the game.

Coming into the 2015 season, it really seems like we are looking at 2 teams and programs headed in absolutely different directions. Coming off a huge win at Oklahoma St which was top 10 at the time and on the heels of a program changing Sugar Bowl victory against Alabama the Sooners looked poised for a definite playoff run last year. Obviously, that did not happen and with what most believe to be the most underachieving and disappointing season since Stoops has been at Oklahoma. The optimism and expectations are always high at Oklahoma, but there is a sense of honesty within the program that states this is a very pivotal year at Oklahoma. On the flip side, the optimism appears to be a fevered pitch in Knoxville. Butch Jones has the team headed in an extremely positive position from a talent and recruitment standpoint. The vols got back to a bowl game and was extremely impressive over Iowa and anybody that has seen that Vols team play last year knows they were a better football team than the 7-6 record indicated, as you guys were 12 points away from a 10-3 record. Overall, I think both teams are pretty evenly matched looking at this game in the first week of July. I think the homefield and the overall talent on the defensive side of the ball, I would have to give Tennessee the overall advantage in the game but I'm looking forward to a great game.

I hope you have a great visit in Knoxville. We all love for visiting fans to come in for a game, and I think you'll find the majority of our fans hospitable and welcoming.

For what it's worth, here are my recommendations:

Traditions:
1) Hit up a few tailgates on gameday. You can find these all over campus and you should find fans there who will welcome you with open arms. I know you guys were awesome in Norman last year.

2) See the Vol Walk. The Vol Walk begins 2 hours and 15 minutes before kickoff at the Torchbearer statue in Circle Park on Volunteer Drive. It continues down Peyton Manning Pass before turning left on Phillip Fulmer Way and into the stadium through Gate 21A.

3) Make sure you in the stadium early enough to see the pregame routines, including the Running Through the T.

Restaurants/Bars:

Pete's Coffee Shop
For breakfast, you can try Pete's Coffee Shop downtown. It's a great place for the locals.

Stock & Barrel
Or for an early lunch, try Stock & Barrel. Good burgers and drinks. It was just voted by Trip Advisor as one of the best burgers in the country.

Copper Cellar
For game day, get to Copper Cellar on the strip. The main floor is called the Cumberland Grill. Good food options and plenty of drinks. The place will be full of home and opposing fans, and you'll be right in the middle of the action.

Calhouns on the River
From there, move down closer to the stadium and spend some time at Calhoun's On The River. The menu is good, if a bit overrated by the locals. But you cannot beat the atmosphere. You are right on the river and the restaurant has an awesome deck on the water where you can see the river and the stadium. It will be packed out on game day.

Barley's Knoxville
If you get to the Old City the previous night (an easy walk or cab from downtown), you can try Barley's for great pizza and a large beer selection.

Sunspot
For a good Sunday brunch, I like Sunspot on the strip, though the atmosphere is not quite what it used to be since it has moved. That green tomato salsa and chips seems to be good to cure a long night.

On a side note, last year in Norman, a group of four of us were having lunch and some beers. We chatted with a number of Oklahoma fans, all of who we had a great time with. When it came time to leave, an anonymous fan paid our entire bill, leaving only a message with the bartender that went something like: "Enjoy the game and the town. Thanks for making the trip."

Some lucky group of visitors will have the favor returned this year in Knoxville.

Reactions: 2 people
This might be a stupid question, but have single tix from UTtix.com gone on sale yet? Is that going to happen? Is it already sold out?

On a side note, last year in Norman, a group of four of us were having lunch and some beers. We chatted with a number of Oklahoma fans, all of who we had a great time with. When it came time to leave, an anonymous fan paid our entire bill, leaving only a message with the bartender that went something like: "Enjoy the game and the town. Thanks for making the trip."

Some lucky group of visitors will have the favor returned this year in Knoxville.

Good for you...and I'll say once again...my trip to Norman was one of the most pleasurable away games in my nearly 50 years of Tennessee Vols Football. folks were GREAT. This year, I'm looking for a better game/score at the end of 4 quarters.

Also...can't NOT recommend Ye Olde steak House just South of Downtown to visitors...as well.

Ye Olde Steak House - Reservations Call: 865-577-9328, Knoxville, TN

I need a few tickets for a buddy to the Oklahoma game. he just doesn't want to pay 100 a ticket to sit up top like UT is offering right now. Any ideas

Good for you...and I'll say once again...my trip to Norman was one of the most pleasurable away games in my nearly 50 years of Tennessee Vols Football. folks were GREAT. This year, I'm looking for a better game/score at the end of 4 quarters.

Also...can't NOT recommend Ye Olde steak House just South of Downtown to visitors...as well.

Ye Olde Steak House - Reservations Call: 865-577-9328, Knoxville, TN

:good!: Agree...a horrible oversight in my post!

I've read countless stories of Oklahoma fans being extremely hospitable to Vols in Norman last year...I just hope we all help return the favor. I travel often and get to conversate with fans from all over and I'm always reminded how easily ppl remember a bad experience or the one bad fan from opposition instead of the good ones.

I've read countless stories of Oklahoma fans being extremely hospitable to Vols in Norman last year...I just hope we all help return the favor. I travel often and get to conversate with fans from all over and I'm always reminded how easily ppl remember a bad experience or the one bad fan from opposition instead of the good ones.

I've never met a respectable Gator fan in person. The few I've spoken to seem to have nothing but negative things to say about Tennessee and I could cut those chomping arms off if they ever got too close. JMHO THOUGH 😁

I've never met a respectable Gator fan in person. The few I've spoken to seem to have nothing but negative things to say about Tennessee and I could cut those chomping arms off if they ever got too close. JMHO THOUGH 😁

Jorts-wearing fans excluded obviously...

VN Store

Back