Going through a rough time

TennFan

Hello Volnation! I need prayer and support. I just lost the love of my life on 26 May. We had been married 41 years on 14 April. My wife had been through so much over the past 2.5-3 years. First stage 3 breast cancer which she beat but lost one breast then had a heart valve replacement about 18-20 months ago, then a right knee replacement about a year ago plus cataract surgery. She had been in rehab after pneumonia back in February for about 7 weeks. Starting back in early May she started having problems with getting around. The weekend of 16 May she had problems with stability and fell a couple of times. Things went south from there. She was put on hospice about 18 May. Apparently she started having internal bleeding. Not sure what caused that. I know the chemo did a lot to her system and maybe even some of the meds she was on. She passed about 3:15 pm on 26 May.
We buried her on 3 June in a National Cemetery just north of where we live. I'm retired military. We couldn't have the proper funeral we wanted to have with COVID 19 affecting everything. Am planning a trip to east TN and south Jersey in late Oct and early Nov with about 4-5 days in each state for a memorial service.
It's tough when we lose a loved one. Make the best of every moment you have with your loved ones.

Praying for you TennFan
Hello Volnation! I need prayer and support. I just lost the love of my life on 26 May. We had been married 41 years on 14 April. My wife had been through so much over the past 2.5-3 years. First stage 3 breast cancer which she beat but lost one breast then had a heart valve replacement about 18-20 months ago, then a right knee replacement about a year ago plus cataract surgery. She had been in rehab after pneumonia back in February for about 7 weeks. Starting back in early May she started having problems with getting around. The weekend of 16 May she had problems with stability and fell a couple of times. Things went south from there. She was put on hospice about 18 May. Apparently she started having internal bleeding. Not sure what caused that. I know the chemo did a lot to her system and maybe even some of the meds she was on. She passed about 3:15 pm on 26 May.
We buried her on 3 June in a National Cemetery just north of where we live. I'm retired military. We couldn't have the proper funeral we wanted to have with COVID 19 affecting everything. Am planning a trip to east TN and south Jersey in late Oct and early Nov with about 4-5 days in each state for a memorial service.
It's tough when we lose a loved one. Make the best of every moment you have with your loved ones.

Thoughts and prayers your way for your loss.

I'm so sorry..I lost my mother in the last month and wasn't allowed to see her at the skilled facility for the last 2 months of her life, thankfully we were able to have a small memorial service...nothing will replace your wife or my mom and there will always be a void unfortunately..time helps..my advice stay busy maybe do something you have always wanted to do for you...join a lost love support system, watch the animated movie Up and read C.S. Lewis A Grief Observed
A Grief Observed

Prayers up!

Prayers sent up for you,TennFan

One day when we are all in the afterlife with Jesus we will realize how temporary this world was meant to be for all of us.

You’ll see her again. Of course you’ll miss her now, but you’ll see her again.

I'm so sorry..I lost my mother in the last month and wasn't allowed to see her at the skilled facility for the last 2 months of her life, thankfully we were able to have a small memorial service...nothing will replace your wife or my mom and there will always be a void unfortunately..time helps..my advice stay busy maybe do something you have always wanted to do for you...join a lost love support system, watch the animated movie Up and read C.S. Lewis A Grief Observed
A Grief Observed

Sorry for your loss! Where in Johnson City are you? I was born in Carter County-an EHS grad!

Sorry for your loss! Where in Johnson City are you? I was born in Carter County-an EHS grad!
I know the Johnson City area well but I lived in Jefferson County...near Carson Newman... unfortunately right now I'm in enemy territory on the gulf coast of Alabama..in a city called Fairhope 50/50 split of Bama fans and snowbirds lol

I know the Johnson City area well but I lived in Jefferson County...near Carson Newman... unfortunately right now I'm in enemy territory on the gulf coast of Alabama..in a city called Fairhope 50/50 split of Bama fans and snowbirds lol

Been awhile since I've been near Jefferson City and Carson Newman. They had a great football team for a few years.
There are a few Tennessee fans here on the Space Coast where I live in Florida.

Reactions: VolnJC

VN Store

Back