GoFundMe set up for LVFL Semeka Randall after storm damage

lvocd

Abby Conklin has set up a fund for one of our beloved “three Meeks,” Semeka Randall, after “Boo” and her husband lost everything (furniture and cars) to a devastating tornado. If you can afford to make even a very small donation, I am sure that every dollar would be appreciated.

And if you can’t afford to donate, you can help by sending positive vibes their way. Thanks!

Click here to support Lady Vol in Need - Let's Rally the Orange! organized by Lady Vol for Life

Abby Conklin has set up a fund for one of our beloved “three Meeks,” Semeka Randall, after “Boo” and her husband lost everything (furniture and cars) to a devastating tornado. If you can afford to make even a very small donation, I am sure that every dollar would be appreciated.

And if you can’t afford to donate, you can help by sending positive vibes their way. Thanks!

Click here to support Lady Vol in Need - Let's Rally the Orange! organized by Lady Vol for Life

Let us know where to send it.. Got it now

I'm sorry, but paint me confused.

What is confusing you? A former Lady Vol is in need of financial support after the apartment complex she and her husband were living in was destroyed by a tornado. They lost all of their possessions.

Another former Lady Vol, Abby Conklin, started a crowd-funding account through GoFundMe in order to raise money to help them quickly get back on their feet.

Since so many longtime Lady Vol fans remember Semeka quite well and appreciate all the good times and glory that Semeka and her teammates brought to us, we now have an opportunity to help her through this difficult time.

Just thought some people here might be happy to pitch in.

What is confusing you? A former Lady Vol is in need of financial support after the apartment complex she and her husband were living in was destroyed by a tornado. They lost all of their possessions.

Another former Lady Vol, Abby Conklin, started a crowd-funding account through GoFundMe in order to raise money to help them quickly get back on their feet.

Since so many longtime Lady Vol fans remember Semeka quite well and appreciate all the good times and glory that Semeka and her teammates brought to us, we now have an opportunity to help her through this difficult time.

Just thought some people here might be happy to pitch in.
It's not a dig at you. The confusing part is why someone that played in the WNBA after college and has worked as a coach in some capacity at about a half a dozen colleges since then (head coach at 2 schools) would need financial help above and beyond what insurance would pay.

At least a donation, as small or large as you can do, would benefit the ones you wish instead of the government taxing you for one thing and it going into some crazy assed fool projects! imnsho. And no one is forcing you to help at all. :(

The GoFundMe is only for $7500 so it seems likely it's for immediate expenses until the insurance settlement is finalized. It's been 5-6 weeks since the tornado, so it also seems likely that their emergency fund has been exhausted. Few people save the recommended 6 months of expenses.

It's not a dig at you. The confusing part is why someone that played in the WNBA after college and has worked as a coach in some capacity at about a half a dozen colleges since then (head coach at 2 schools) would need financial help above and beyond what insurance would pay.

Well, if They didn't have Renter's Insurance, (and many Apartment renters do not) They would get nothin to replace their belongings. One can assume the Vehicles were insured to cove the loss; but what if the vehicles were paid for (maybe older cars) and weren't covered? Then there's a possible High Deductable. SO----go ahead and Contribute!!

Well, if They didn't have Renter's Insurance, (and many Apartment renters do not) They would get nothin to replace their belongings. One can assume the Vehicles were insured to cover the loss; but what if the vehicles were paid for (maybe older cars) and weren't covered? Then there's a possible High Deductible. SO if you want----go ahead and Contribute!!

Last edited:
I think others may also be confused. I'm not sure why such a small amount to cover such a huge loss. Insurance lag may be the answer. She is not listed on the staff of Wright state so she may be in between jobs.
There has been only $400 donated in the last 20 hours. Total donations have reached less than 1/3 of the goal. However, the important thing is that, as Gule posted - unlike taxes you have a choice.

Well, if They didn't have Renter's Insurance, (and many Apartment renters do not) They would get nothin to replace their belongings. One can assume the Vehicles were insured to cove the loss; but what if the vehicles were paid for (maybe older cars) and weren't covered? Then there's a possible High Deductable. SO----go ahead and Contribute!!
You can say that again! :)

Not to be a jerk, but didn’t they have renters insurance? It’s cheap for an apartment.

It was something I never thought of, (when She kicked me out) and the Complex didn't offer or recommend it, and my apt was burglarized and I lost Guns, TV's and anything of value to a thief. So it could happen.

I don’t want to speculate the reason(s), but a while back it was mentioned that, after having been unemployed for a while, Semeka was hired as an assistant at Cincinnati — but then mysteriously never showed up on the team’s website roster.

I have no idea what is going on with her, but I do know that SOMEthing must be way off for her to agree to let people do this for her. Does anyone think for a minute that she would agree to this if she thought she had any other choice? None of us knows why she’s in such a pinch, and it really shouldn’t matter. It’s humiliating enough to ask for help. Why don’t those of us who CAN give a little just do it without having to air the details of her financial troubles publicly.

It was something I never thought of, (when She kicked me out) and the Complex didn't offer or recommend it, and my apt was burglarized and I lost Guns, TV's and anything of value to a thief. So it could happen.
No offense, but that's not the complex's problem. That's a you problem (not being combative, but I bet you learned real quick).

No offense, but that's not the complex's problem. That's a you problem (not being combative, but I bet you learned real quick).

Thank you. I don't think you are being combative, CONDESCENDING maybe. When you are renting for the first time, you don't think of everything; and you ASSUME that a nice Complex is safe.

VN Store

Back