Go Jayhawks

Volgrad98

Give my all for the VOLS
Yep that's right, go Jayhawks. Consider me on the Les Miles, Jayhawk bandwagon. I hope he causes havoc and mayhem in the big 12. Aside from watching the Vols, I'm going to be keeping my eye on them as well. His hire may end in flames and it may be a big circus, but I'll be watching. That's it, carry on.

If you could pick one power 5 school that is lowly of the lowliest, it would be Kansas. Might take a while.

Welp, you guys are entitled to your opinions, but having lived through the Les Miles years here in Baton Rouge ... I just ain't got no use for 'im.

I have never thought he was good. I thought he just rode Saban's coat tails and kept the talent train rolling. Like Fulmer, he should have had more than one NC!

I have never thought he was good. I thought he just rode Saban's coat tails and kept the talent train rolling. Like Fulmer, he should have had more than one NC!
I think that's overstated a little bit. He won his title 3 years after Saban left, not in the very next year or something like that. The bulk of that 2007 team was guys Miles recruited. And he played for another one 4 years later; that team unquestionably was 100% his and frankly he probably wins it if he's facing any coach other than Saban.

After that 2011 season, he did get stale though. Zero offensive creativity and zero QB play likely cost them a chance at playing for another title, because the defense was always elite.

Reactions: UTwild82
Illinois has been to four bowl games since 2007 (most recently 2014). Indiana has been to 3 since 2007 (back to back in 2015 and 2016). Kansas last went to a bowl game in 2008.

Records from 2007 on:

Illinois: 57-91
Indiana: 55-92
Kansas: 43-103

I don't think it's as close as y'all want to believe. Illinois and Indiana suck, but Kansas is a whole different level. If I take away 2007, Kansas loses TWELVE wins.

Last edited:
Welp, you guys are entitled to your opinions, but having lived through the Les Miles years here in Baton Rouge ... I just ain't got no use for 'im.

There's just no pleasing some people. Les will be missed in Baton Rouge before all is said and done. Orgeron has already peaked as a HC. He will never reach the level Miles did at LSU.

I'm a Les Miles fan and would have been perfectly happy if UT had made that offer. No regrets on Pruitt, but would have been just as happy either way.

The official Ed Orgeron VolNation success timeline:

After 2016: Orgeron walked into luck. No way he’s successful

After 2017: Orgeron had no business winning nine games last year. He’ll be fired before the season is over.

After a ten win 2018: Ed Orgeron has peaked. His time is over.

Can’t wait to see what y’all are saying next year.

Even though I was still pissed about getting beat in the 2007 SECCG, Les won me over with his "We're still undefeated in regulation" quip.

Last edited:
If you could pick one power 5 school that is lowly of the lowliest, it would be Kansas. Might take a while.
Except that they did have one great season in 2007 with the fat guy. They went 12-1. Maybe it was just a soft schedule or a fluke but still... I can't think of any time in the last 40 years when Indiana has been that good.

Yep that's right, go Jayhawks. Consider me on the Les Miles, Jayhawk bandwagon. I hope he causes havoc and mayhem in the big 12. Aside from watching the Vols, I'm going to be keeping my eye on them as well. His hire may end in flames and it may be a big circus, but I'll be watching. That's it, carry on.
He'll be gone in 3-4 years...Nobody can raise that train wreck of a program.

The official Ed Orgeron VolNation success timeline:

After 2016: Orgeron walked into luck. No way he’s successful

After 2017: Orgeron had no business winning nine games last year. He’ll be fired before the season is over.

After a ten win 2018: Ed Orgeron has peaked. His time is over.

Can’t wait to see what y’all are saying next year.

Don’t bunch me with that group. I fully expect LSU to be in the CFP discussion in late November/Early December. I can’t believe I’m gonna say this, but they might actually be able to go into Tuscaloosa and get a W. I guess we’ll know a lot after week 2.

What hurt Les was a) being in the same division as an all time great dynasty and b) being the guy who followed Saban at LSU.

Like there's any chance Coach O will do better. Dumb move.

39et5x.jpg

VN Store

Back